Page 7 of 357 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thank you Spasticat, now i know what happens i can just wait for thr dvd.
    I wanta be Rogue when i grow up.

BANNED

I want them to get back together and get married--need a Big Marvel Wedding!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tx peppa View Post
    Thank you Spasticat, now i know what happens i can just wait for thr dvd.
    No you can't) You need to watch it in cinema. Dofp is really good movie.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

the relationship may never happen in the movies but i do hope one day even if they dont get together they can be main characters on a team together
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    So I went to see Days of Future Past this afternoon.. I'ma put up spoilers for anyone who wants to see it and hasn't.

spoilers:
    Wolverine staggers out of his room and sees Iceman waiting for the next door over to open, and Rogue walks out. As soon as she sees Logan she gets the biggest smile on her face before wandering off with Bobby. I was SO SO happy to see her that I about raised the roof in the theater, much to the amusement of the people behind me On the ride home though, it dawned on me: That was the PERFECT FAWKING TIME TO INSERT A GAMBIT CAMEO. Instead of putting Rogue back with Bobby (who had left her for Kitty!), all they had to do was have Kitsch in there, giving a little head bob in recognition to his friend Logan before trotting off with his girl. Nobody cares if there's a 5-10 year age difference between them in the movies! It would have cleared up the dangling plotline of wondering what happened to him after Wolverine: Origins, made a crapload of fans happy (especially the Romy fans!!) and it would have been perfectly canon. ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I punched my leg out of anger and now I need ice
    end of spoilers
    I agree. If the Gambit movie rumors had started during DOFP production, I wonder if he would have been given a small cameo.

Although, truthfully, I don't think it matters too much (except to us, of course!). I have a feeling that we will no longer see appearances from the original X-Men cast in these movies (with the exception of Wolverine). And, since I'm not sure how they could possibly reintroduce Rogue into the First Class storyline (since we already saw how she becomes an X-Man), this might be the end for a Rogue portrayal in the films. Unless, they do a full reboot, of course. Although, I'm still holding out hope for an appearance in the possible Gambit movie.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I want them to get back together and get married--need a Big Marvel Wedding!!!!!!!!
    LOL, it would end in disaster. There's no way editorial would leave that alone! Gambit had years to propose but he never did (even when they were together and minus their powers): I wonder why that is? Damn, if it weren't for the whole deal with Magneto butting in, the writers could have come up with a story where it reveals Anna and Remy have been married all along. They still could, actually. Maybe they stopped in Vegas on their trip from New Orleans to California and had a "hangover" kinda night where neither of them remembers getting hitched. Oooooooooh, I could SO see the cover to that book... Rogue staring in shock at the wedding ring on her finger!

Seriously though, even if Gambit ever did propose, I just can't picture Rogue saying yes...unless she was being forced into it somehow (being pregnant is the first thing that comes to mind). What do y'all think?

I agree. If the Gambit movie rumors had started during DOFP production, I wonder if he would have been given a small cameo.

Although, truthfully, I don't think it matters too much (except to us, of course!). I have a feeling that we will no longer see appearances from the original X-Men cast in these movies (with the exception of Wolverine). And, since I'm not sure how they could possibly reintroduce Rogue into the First Class storyline (since we already saw how she becomes an X-Man), this might be the end for a Rogue portrayal in the films. Unless, they do a full reboot, of course. Although, I'm still holding out hope for an appearance in the possible Gambit movie.
    I hear ya, and I have NO doubt that they would've squeezed Gambit in there if Tatum had made such a stink before they finished filming. I got the feeling that the ending was something of a full cast farewell to all of the original actors and actresses as well...I highly doubt we'll see them in any future movies. Another thing that bothers me about the possibility of Gambit being in the next one is that Channing is already way too old to play him, unless the writers plan on making him "the witness" (which would be a hysterical slap in Tatum's face, IMO). Regardless, I think Marvel's completely overlooking the fact that utilizing the relationship between Rogue and Gambit could make a fortune If it was done anything like the books. Women, younger girls in particular, are suckers for romance, and the box office numbers for movies like Twilight prove that.
    Last edited by Spasticat; 05-25-2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Just woke up...still hungover....

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    No you can't) You need to watch it in cinema. Dofp is really good movie.
    Oh all right. How can i argue with that.
    I wanta be Rogue when i grow up.

LOL, it would end in disaster. There's no way editorial would leave that alone! Gambit had years to propose but he never did (even when they were together and minus their powers): I wonder why that is? Damn, if it weren't for the whole deal with Magneto butting in, the writers could have come up with a story where it reveals Anna and Remy have been married all along. They still could, actually. Maybe they stopped in Vegas on their trip from New Orleans to California and had a "hangover" kinda night where neither of them remembers getting hitched. Oooooooooh, I could SO see the cover to that book... Rogue staring in shock at the wedding ring on her finger!

Seriously though, even if Gambit ever did propose, I just can't picture Rogue saying yes...unless she was being forced into it somehow (being pregnant is the first thing that comes to mind). What do y'all think?

I hear ya, and I have NO doubt that they would've squeezed Gambit in there if Tatum had made such a stink before they finished filming. I got the feeling that the ending was something of a full cast farewell to all of the original actors and actresses as well...I highly doubt we'll see them in any future movies. Another thing that bothers me about the possibility of Gambit being in the next one is that Channing is already way too old to play him, unless the writers plan on making him "the witness" (which would be a hysterical slap in Tatum's face, IMO). Regardless, I think Marvel's completely overlooking the fact that utilizing the relationship between Rogue and Gambit could make a fortune If it was done anything like the books. Women, younger girls in particular, are suckers for romance, and the box office numbers for movies like Twilight prove that.
    Yeah they will never do the Romy thing under fox. Gambit and Rogue will never meet. Especially since annas so young and Gambit exists in a earlier time period.
    X-Men Forever

Some warm and fuzzies for the day!

I really like the fact that the artist drew Rogue's white streak as a true skunk stripe like it should be. Does anyone know what point it changed to just bangs?

Art by Arzeno:

lollivamp: (instantly thought of Panty & Stocking when I saw this and now I can't stop laughing)

Don't recall ever seeing this one...by Mannix Francisco

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yeah they will never do the Romy thing under fox. Gambit and Rogue will never meet. Especially since annas so young and Gambit exists in a earlier time period.
    It's such a shame. I think Fox should totally capitalize on the delicious angst of the Rogue and Gambit relationship. I mean, it brought in a whole new type of comic fan in the early 1990's (teenage girls!), so it would make sense to try and win back that fan base through the movies. Missed opportunity...

Oh well, here are some classic "Romy-angst" moments. Because, I was once one of those said teenage girls, and I am still a sucker for this stuff.

Last edited by Dantes617; 06-11-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Channing Tatum?

Can we have Eoin Macken instead? Sigh.

im gonna agree

Some warm and fuzzies for the day!

I really like the fact that the artist drew Rogue's white streak as a true skunk stripe like it should be. Does anyone know what point it changed to just bangs?

Art by Arzeno:

lollivamp: (instantly thought of Panty & Stocking when I saw this and now I can't stop laughing)

Don't recall ever seeing this one...by Mannix Francisco
    Love the second one
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    BWAHAHAHA! Good question, Purplevit!