Attachment 3103
    That. Is. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaryth View Post
    That. Is. Awesome.
    Haha, thanks. We need to see more of these kinds of Romy moments:
    tmp_Rogue-and-Gambit-x-men-24160626-600-3381326149430.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes617 View Post
    I agree. If the Gambit movie rumors had started during DOFP production, I wonder if he would have been given a small cameo.

Although, truthfully, I don't think it matters too much (except to us, of course!). I have a feeling that we will no longer see appearances from the original X-Men cast in these movies (with the exception of Wolverine). And, since I'm not sure how they could possibly reintroduce Rogue into the First Class storyline (since we already saw how she becomes an X-Man), this might be the end for a Rogue portrayal in the films. Unless, they do a full reboot, of course. Although, I'm still holding out hope for an appearance in the possible Gambit movie.
    I posted this in the Rogue thread, but I really think if they do a Gambit movie they should include Rogue. It's simple: she goes to New Orleans to investigate Candra, a woman who can both take away and grant mutant powers in hopes of gaining some control. It backfires, Candra uses her in the guild wars and boosts her powers to include super strength and flight. Gambit saves her and she aids him in defeating Candra and ending the thieves vs assassins feud...at least for a bit.

Although I love that idea, at that point it would be the "Rogue movie"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    And what's so bad about that? Afterall, we've already had 5, maybe 6 Wolverine Movies lol

But seriously, if the X-franchise wants to start standing out from the Avenger's Movies, the female heroes are the way to go. We've seen Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man get some amazing action scenes. I think audiences would really respond to a female flying brick, and the Sassy Southern Belle is the perfect one for the job.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kwadruple View Post
    And what's so bad about that? Afterall, we've already had 5, maybe 6 Wolverine Movies lol

But seriously, if the X-franchise wants to start standing out from the Avenger's Movies, the female heroes are the way to go. We've seen Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man get some amazing action scenes. I think audiences would really respond to a female flying brick, and the Sassy Southern Belle is the perfect one for the job.
    Yes, and Rogue would be the heroine to start with, I think... just because the first two X-Men movies focused on her so much. Oh wait, I might be thinking of the first movie and "Last Stand"...but, you know, either way.

A Rogue movie in which she meets the original Gambit's younger, hotter apprentice... who has taken up the Gambit mantle while thievin' in New Orleans. Tee hee.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Spectacular Member

Very true. I would actually love for them to base the movie off of the first Gambit limited series. If a different actor is going to portray his character, there's no reason why they can't retcon his participation in Wolverine. I mean, they basically did it with Emma's character. And, from new reports that I'm "hearing" (my 10-year-old cousin mentioned it), the original cast may be portrayed in the next film, as well. So, perhaps he will show up there, and his film will branch off from current time. OK, OK, I know this is a long shot. But, one can hope. And, here's some solo film ideas because I love posting pictures.

Spectacular Member

Or maybe they could just make a "what if" type movie. I certainly wouldn't object.

I'm all for it, just as long as a "what if" movie doesn't end like it did in the comic!

Spectacular Member

I'm all for it, just as long as a "what if" movie doesn't end like it did in the comic!
    Ha! Very true. Gambit shouldn't die in his own film. But, think of the drama! Plus, this is more reasonable than Rogue taking a government sanctioned "cure". Maybe, this could be the plot to a final movie of a Gambit trilogy? Or we could just stick to regular canon. I'm literally grasping at straws at this point

Ha! Very true. Gambit shouldn't die in his own film. But, think of the drama! Plus, this is more reasonable than Rogue taking a government sanctioned "cure". Maybe, this could be the plot to a final movie of a Gambit trilogy? Or we could just stick to regular canon. I'm literally grasping at straws at this point
    We all are, Hon. We all are.

Cool commission from Jim Cheung:
    tmp_http%3A%2F%2F37.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_ld3ndlNLla1qc3ucmo1_1280589633799.jpg

Hey ROMY fans. I came across my old ROMY pics and shared them on Tumblr, thought I would share with you. You know a bunch of ROMY kissy pics. Enjoy! :-)

1bulma1

stunning where is this from,surely not what if 100.

1bulma1

Or maybe they could just make a "what if" type movie. I certainly wouldn't object.

stunning where is this from,surely not what if 100.