Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Default Green Lantern: New Guardians #40

A really nice final issue. Congratulations to Justin Jordan on writing a well-paced, nicely plotted, and, ultimately satisfying run on GL:NG. I know a lot of people were upset with the Kyle/Carol romance, but whether you disagree with the idea or not frankly it was written better and was more believable than anything with Hal/Carol in forever. As a Hal fan I have to say that the only thing I'm sorry about is that the main GL book does not have this type of depth. By the end I felt like I actually really liked Kyle and that's a first. Anyway, I'm not Justin Jordan's boyfriend, but I do think he deserves some recognition for a good run and hopefully he will be working on DC characters again soon.

Oh, and where did that final white ring go?

Always Rakzo

Definitely good final issue and I'm going to miss this run. Really hope that DC has something planned for Jordan in the future.

I'm pretty sure they will explore what happened to the last white ring in other GL titles (or maybe Omega Men).

It was a very good run, although I expected all the plot strands to have a bigger impact when they converged, rather than just a couple of character cameos for the final battle.

Very good run indeed. Good to see a title with Kyle holding its own so nicely.

And with this, my final DC pull ends. Jordan kept me on for 40 issues and pushed Kyle to places he had never been. I think he significantly grew the character without abandoning the core. I will miss this book.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

BANNED

This became my favourite series since the relaunch, mostly thanks to Justin Jordan. Art could have been better but still this was the best comic book Ive read in years.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Well, this is a shame. Best book on the GL line, IMHO.

And while I completely understand how Jordan fans find the Carol/Kyle pairing sort of disrespectful (the same way I'm not crazy about Barry/Linda on the TV show), I have to say that this is the first time I liked Carol Ferris, ever.

In hindsight, maybe Jordan should have got the main GL book or Corps instead of NG - even Corps being also good right now.

Well, it was a good run!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    A really nice final issue. Congratulations to Justin Jordan on writing a well-paced, nicely plotted, and, ultimately satisfying run on GL:NG. I know a lot of people were upset with the Kyle/Carol romance, but whether you disagree with the idea or not frankly it was written better and was more believable than anything with Hal/Carol in forever. As a Hal fan I have to say that the only thing I'm sorry about is that the main GL book does not have this type of depth. By the end I felt like I actually really liked Kyle and that's a first. Anyway, I'm not Justin Jordan's boyfriend, but I do think he deserves some recognition for a good run and hopefully he will be working on DC characters again soon.

Oh, and where did that final white ring go?
    Thanks!

Fun fact: The ring that went to the Daxamite was originally supposed to go to Warth, who was going to be resurrected without explanation besides "It's a long story" but this was one of the few things I wasn't allowed to do. Since it was mostly just to amuse myself (and I like Warth) I didn't fight it.

Mighty Member

Hated Kyle/Carol but it was a nice run overall other than that. Really curious to see those new White Lanterns again.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post
    Thanks!

Fun fact: The ring that went to the Daxamite was originally supposed to go to Warth, who was going to be resurrected without explanation besides "It's a long story" but this was one of the few things I wasn't allowed to do. Since it was mostly just to amuse myself (and I like Warth) I didn't fight it.
    Damn!

I love Space Ganesha.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Damn!

I love Space Ganesha.
    I genuinely hope someone brings him back.

I miss all the Blue Lanterns

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post
    Thanks!

I think we would all have been pro Warth.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ