Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Dr Doom would co-operate with Skull,as long that would further his goals.Remember that in old Lee-Kirby run,Doom used a nazi scientist as his lackey.Doom would put aside political or ethnic differences,as long the will and ambition of Doom would get further.
    And you can draw a RW parallel in that our country had brought over the scientists that worked on Nazi Germany's V2 rockets. Werner von Braun was very instrumental in NASA's space program and the Saturn V rocket that got our astronauts to the moon. Yet he belonged to the Hilter Youth and later on he used slave labor from a concentration camp for his missile projects in Germany. His exact role at the camp is still unclear and very controversial.

Interestingly enough, Hauptmann was one of Doom's first on panel kills and the reason he did it was because Hauptmann was using a flame thrower to attack Reed in Doom's art gallery. He also killed his brother in Byrne's FF run. His brother was the one that pulled the switch on Doom's time platform while he was fighting with Iron Man. He tried to maroon them back in the past. Later on, Doom killed him while testing out a device that he was going to use to endow Terrax with the Power Cosmic. The overdose of such power consumed Hauptmann like it would later do to Terrax.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Intelligencia was a great group and it allowed b-list evil genius to get the spotlight.We need more teams of the same norm.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

With Remender leading the charge, I'm already sold. Remender already showed with the Dark Angel Saga that he knows how to build up to a major story and really execute that story to its fullest. This looks like it will play off the events that unfolded in the first arc of Uncanny Avengers. It also looks like it'll try to go the exact opposite direction as Avengers vs. X-men, forcing them to team up rather than fight each other. I'm all for that because I'm really sick of just having superhero teams fight each other. Between Avengers vs. X-men and Trinity War with DC, we've seen enough superhero squabbles. And based on the timing, they'll have to team up without Wolverine since he'll probably be dead by the time this begins (assuming that isn't a total ruse). It's the kind of good vs. evil battle that we haven't seen in a while that doesn't involve time travel. I'm going to choose to be cautiously optimistic, if for no other reason than because Remender has a solid track record with big events. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to re-read his run on Uncanny X-Force.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    You know that peter already got his body back, right ?

EDIT: And about the avengers and x-men working together, i think they will only work together after a least one group gets its ass kicked, and grudgingly ask for help.
    Sorry terrible phrasing on my part. I meant was where is Spider-Man in this? His two villains from his rogues are in it yet Spider-Man is no where in site. Its like the Justice League fighting the Legion of Doom with Joker and Scarecrow as members but no Batman on the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Does it look like there is some kind of mirror image going on there? The way the word AXIS has been written reads the same upside down as it does the right way up. The image reflected doesn't seem to match up though, so are there 6 heroes reflected? Or 6 more villains? I can't make it out.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Sorry terrible phrasing on my part. I meant was where is Spider-Man in this? His two villains from his rogues are in it yet Spider-Man is no where in site. Its like the Justice League fighting the Legion of Doom with Joker and Scarecrow as members but no Batman on the Justice League.
    It's possible they may not want to show which Avengers are involved since that could potentially spoil some of the current stories taking place. I'm sure down the line Spider-Man will be involved to some degree, whether or not he's an Avenger. Osborn and Carnage will want to take a shot at him, even if it's just in a tie in.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStrange View Post
    Does it look like there is some kind of mirror image going on there? The way the word AXIS has been written reads the same upside down as it does the right way up. The image reflected doesn't seem to match up though, so are there 6 heroes reflected? Or 6 more villains? I can't make it out.
    It looks like the Apocalypse twins are shown in the reflection.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Nice to see Remender getting an event. I'll be interested to see what he does but I haven't been keeping up to date with Uncanny Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

Really looking forward to this.

Remender's Uncanny Avengers is the only Avengers book that actually exciting.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's possible they may not want to show which Avengers are involved since that could potentially spoil some of the current stories taking place. I'm sure down the line Spider-Man will be involved to some degree, whether or not he's an Avenger. Osborn and Carnage will want to take a shot at him, even if it's just in a tie in.
    That is what is interesting about including Osborn and Carnage, they usually go by 2 agendas Spider-Man Villains, one is always the mission at hand/Team then are on, but Always the other is getting back at Spider-Man, so indeed I can't See anyway that Spider-Man will not be apart of this event, I am interested in how RR will write the conflict between these 3. Also, will their want to get back at Spider-Man cloud the mission, short of like Skull with Captain America?! It will be interesting.

Also, going back in UA, RR did have a Flashback Cameo of Osborn and Daken, Osborn giving a talk to Daken and Daken mentioning Spider-Man, the look on Osborns Face said it all! So indeed RR, even in a Flash Back gave a mini-set-up IMO in using Osborn in this coming story, that and it bring the Spider-Man side of Marvel into the mix.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Really looking forward to this.

Remender's Uncanny Avengers is the only Avengers book that actually exciting.
    Though I do enjoy the other Avenger books right now Uncanny is my favorite.

I like Hickman's books, but at times they're a bit slow. And I think MA is a very good read, but after the first arc it sort of lost some of that big epic Avengery feel IMO at least.

I think Uncanny does both in a way the other Avengers books don't. It feels like an Avengers book, with big A list characters tackling big epic A list threats. And despite being a long drawn out epic story, it's moving at a very brisk pace. A lot of things are happening in each issue.

Despite Uncanny's short comings (characterization at the front of that list in a few cases) I feel like I'm getting the most bang for by buck with each issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Also, going back in UA, RR did have a Flashback Cameo of Osborn and Daken, Osborn giving a talk to Daken and Daken mentioning Spider-Man, the look on Osborns Face said it all! So indeed RR, even in a Flash Back gave a mini-set-up IMO in using Osborn in this coming story, that and it bring the Spider-Man side of Marvel into the mix.
    What issue did that take place?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    What issue did that take place?
    I know I read it in Uncanny Avengers, but I could not find the scene in any of my books I just looked threw, it was weird cause I knew I read it going along with UA. I found the image online, maybe I got the image mixed-up with an article online about Uncanny Avengers, I read so much about the Book that I think I got this mixed up with an article I read of them going over Daken's story, if that is the case I am really sorry, I was sure it was in the UA book:

Dark Wolverine #75

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

Yeah, Remender had nothing to do with that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Yeah, Remender had nothing to do with that book.
    Yea, it was from Dark Wolverine #75. It was used as an example I believe to explain how RR is using Daken in his story, it was from a article piece or website, cannot remember where, but it went in-line with his Uncanny Avengers story.

When I read that I felt RR was bringing in not just Daken and Logan's history, but his history with Osborn as well, so it was interesting when I read this what that might mean for later down the line and now with AXIS we might see some of that.