Default It was inevitable...

I'd say Superman totally won it, but that might be my bias towards Superman and against RayWilliamJohnson...

Oh god....that's totally not like pouring gasoline on the fire

So out of all the things they could have rap about, they just payed attention to that...

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I like these videos way more than they really merit, so this was an absolute treat.

Holy crap, this came out on Miracle Monday.
    Buh-bye

You'd expect a much more lopsided fight in Goku's favor for this sort of thing, given that Superman grew up on a Kansas farm with loving parents, and Goku A. Is a dude who's so metal his power is that screaming makes him stronger B. Grew up in the woods killing with his bare hands to survive, and C. Hit Frankenstein's monster so hard it became his friend before he turned 13. That sort of hardcoreness would tend to be a better crucible for mastering the ruthless spitting of belittling rhymes (he's devoted to mastering all combat, after all), but I guess Clark got some coaching from Bruce.
    Buh-bye

Wow Goku too a jab at Chris Reeve.

Damn, that was probably the best ERB in a while. My vote goes to Superman though.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

This was the only other rap battle that I've liked so far from season 3 (the first one was Blackbeard vs. Al Capone). I was kinda hoping for Superman vs. Alexander The Great, though...

Or even better, Superman vs. Hercules...
    Last edited by The Red Monk; 05-19-2014 at 09:02 PM.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    And Superman made a Hiroshima joke. The low blows are common with these.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

I really want to give it to Supes but Goku's insults were punchier.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Superman's jab at Hiroshima and Nagasaki made me cringe worse.

Sadly I think Goku won. There are more negative arguments against Superman that people are familiar with. The same old things people always say when complaining about the character. Boring stories because he's too powerful, his worst enemy is a rock, he was beaten by Batman, etc.
    I don't agree with any of these of course but they're things that people have been saying for years and they will generate more of a response. Which is what you try to do in a rap battle.

Can't even have an rap battle without Batman being mentioned and he still lost.

Beat was on point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sadly I think Goku won. There are more negative arguments against Superman that people are familiar with. The same old things people always say when complaining about the character. Boring stories because he's too powerful, his worst enemy is a rock, he was beaten by Batman, etc.
    I don't agree with any of these of course but they're things that people have been saying for years and they will generate more of a response. Which is what you try to do in a rap battle.
    Right. It's not like these people weren't knowledgeable, they clearly knew the history of both characters. But in an Epic Rap Battle, you don't consider what's a fair or even-handed attack, you fight to win.
    Buh-bye