Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Lone Necro pretty much summed it up. Good posts there, LN.

Sometimes its good to think for yourself and try things. Athletes and billion dollar business arent the gospel or the truth.

You shouldnt worship false idols, everyone talking about religion should know that one.
    Where am I talking about religion? It rather looks like your "not eating meat" decision is based on ideology. This is fine but it is your personal choice not a proven fact.

And I rather trust the experience and knowledge of professional coaches and athletes, who get paid a lot for getting results in a higly competetive enviroment than some random dude on the internet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Ahh, right, what he's talking about there is that you don't usually need to spend so much time on the crapper if you give up meat.
    I eat a lot of meat (mostly chicken) but I also eat food with good amount of fiber and I do not spend much time "on he crapper". Of course this is only my personal experience, but since you and Cypher both argument on basis of personal experience...

Well, seeing as Clark doesnt have to eat or drink to survive, I'd imagine that he does so for taste and for the "human" element. To that end, I imagine that Clark doesn't really drink that much. When he's out at the local bar with friends, he'd likely drink just enough for social acceptance; in other words, he won't be the one guy at the bar without a beer in front of him (that would make him stand out, and that's not what the secret identity is about), but he probably only has like, two, through the whole night.

This would be, of course, if Clark ever got invited out to the bar in the first place, which I imagine is a rarity. And I image he does the same sort of thing no matter what he's drinking; enough to fit in, but not so much or so little as to stand out. And at home or when otherwise alone, I doubt Clark eats or drinks much of anything most of the time (maybe if he's bored or really wanting to connect to humanity while he watches Letterman or something). His kitchen is likely pretty bare, with just enough in it for the casual observer/visitor to assume that a person actually lives there.

As for food, there's too much evidence of carnivorous acts to say that Clark's a vegetarian, but I'd be okay with DC making him one. Growing up in the Midwest, Im sure Clark came to terms with the butcher's work (though he'd loathe animal cruelty and actively work against it as a reporter) and wouldnt judge others for their eating habits, but that doesnt mean, especially later in life as his senses became more acute, that he'd be perfectly fine with eating it himself.

As for the supposed health benefits, the studies Ive seen are too contradicting for me to really and honestly judge, but if vegetarianism was that much of an asset, athletes would have completely adopted the practice. And either way, it doesnt matter. Its Superman. It doesnt matter what he eats, it isnt going to impact his physiology in the slightest.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-20-2015 at 05:17 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member Jesse_Custer's Avatar

Superman should eat MEAT and drink plenty of BEER.

There really should be no more said about this. If you're a man with any life experience then you already know. Otherwise stfu
    Last edited by Jesse_Custer; 03-20-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Fantastic Member

Well it is better functioning, because your body isnt as stressed.

Well amen, then.

The concept of worshipping Superman sometimes seems a bit iffy sometimes, since Superman is anti-worship.

Yeah, you have more energy which goes to other body processes, you dont have a ton of crap to carry around (literally).

Plus you feel lighter, cleaner, and think clearer since youre not tired.
    Once again, this is your personal experience and nothing more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Where am I talking about religion? It rather looks like your "not eating meat" decision is based on ideology. This is fine but it is your personal choice not a proven fact.

And I rather trust the experience and knowledge of professional coaches and athletes, who get paid a lot for getting results in a higly competetive enviroment than some random dude on the internet.
    I think youre missing the gist of what I was saying with my analogies. I also wasnt saying just take my word for it (then my point would be rather moot).

Theres no need too pained or so serious, you can think what you like.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Well amen, then.

The concept of worshipping Superman sometimes seems a bit iffy sometimes, since Superman is anti-worship.
    When has Superman been established as being anti-worship? He's been known to invoke the name of Rao. One of his best friends was either created by, or the direct offspring of, gods. He's even worked alongside an honest-to-God angel.

He doesn't seem to be especially religious, but I've never seen him speak against the concept of divine worship. Obviously, he's not a fan of religious fanaticism (no one should be.) He doesn't want people worshipping HIM as a god. And he doesn't like when gods treat mortals like playthings. But I've never seen him actually say "People should not worship anything."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fantastic Member

I think youre missing the gist of what I was saying with my analogies. I also wasnt saying just take my word for it (then my point would be rather moot).

Theres no need too pained or so serious, you can think what you like.
    Then we can drop the discussion on the physical effects of eating or not eating meat, especially considering that it does not effect Superman one way or another.

Eating meat, drinking beer etc,. is then only a matter of enjoyment and I do not see a reason why he should not enjoy eating good food and drinking alcohol if he likes the taste.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    When has Superman been established as being anti-worship? He's been known to invoke the name of Rao. One of his best friends was either created by, or the direct offspring of, gods. He's even worked alongside an honest-to-God angel.

He doesn't seem to be especially religious, but I've never seen him speak against the concept of divine worship. Obviously, he's not a fan of religious fanaticism (no one should be.) He doesn't want people worshipping HIM as a god. And he doesn't like when gods treat mortals like playthings. But I've never seen him actually say "People should not worship anything."
    Yeah, anti people worshiping him (Superman), thats what I said. There's been numerous touches on that. Power Within, Death of Superman touched on it too and theres also a few SA singles on the subject.

Then we can drop the discussion on the physical effects of eating or not eating meat, especially considering that it does not effect Superman one way or another.

Eating meat, drinking beer etc,. is then only a matter of enjoyment and I do not see a reason why he should not enjoy eating good food and drinking alcohol if he likes the taste.
    I didnt tell you to debate it or discuss it. I said my statements and to do your own research, as early as my first response to you.
    Last edited by Cypher; 03-20-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

The idea of worship does not make any sense in the DC universe full of superheroes, aliens and cosmic powers. Gods become meaningsless when you have mortals who are as powerfull as gods.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, anti people worshiping him (Superman), thats what I said. There's been numerous touches on that. Power Within, Death of Superman touched on it too and theres also a few SA singles on the subject.
    Ah! Okay. That makes much more sense.

Yeah, Superman should absolutely be against people worshipping him. Although it makes a great story to see him dealing with the issue when it comes up.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_Custer View Post
    Superman should eat MEAT and drink plenty of BEER.

There really should be no more said about this. If you're a man with any life experience then you already know. Otherwise stfu
    Don't really know how to respond to this, other than that it's not really an argument, man.
    Buh-bye

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Don't really know how to respond to this, other than that it's not really an argument, man.
    I doubt he was completely serious.

BANNED

I could post a series of particularly gory and disturbing videos and images to explain to why Superman, an alien, would be as deeply disturbed as people killing animals out of "they like the taste" as he is by people murdering each other, but I suspect I might be banned.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Well, it always made sense to me than some one who respects all life form and does not actually need to eat would be vegetarian.
    And no, before any one says it, vegetables are not actually alive. The plants which produce said vegetables are, and you're not eating them.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.