Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Universal didn't make Monster Squad, it's why they all look somewhat different in that movie.
    OOPS. That would explain why they never said what the Wolfman's real name was, because they couldn't call him Larry Talbot. Did they never actually say the Creature was the Creature from the Black Lagoon? I guess they just made him look very similar and let people make the natural assumptions? Obviously, it worked.

Edit: Unfortunately, that also supports the argument, on this thread, that anyone can do these characters. They can even do the Gill-Man as long as they somewhat alter the makeup and don't actually call him the Gill-Man or mention the Black Lagoon.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 03-22-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    When have they said it's definitely part of it? That ending isn't them saying it's part of it, and I don't remember ever seeing anything where they just came out and said it was. In fact I'm pretty sure after it came out they said The Mummy and Wolfman movies would be the first of this new Universal monsters universe.
    http://screenrant.com/dracula-untold...ters-universe/

Here's the important text:

[Alissa]Phillips [producer], when interviewed by HeyUGuys, confirmed that Dracula Untold is designed to be part of the Universal Monsters Universe relaunch that has Alex Kurtzman (writer of Star Trek and Transformers) and Chris Morgan (writer on recent Fast and the Furious series) onboard serving as its creative architects. Potential sequels were something the Dracula Untold production team had in mind from the start, but Phillips says the monsters universe ties were a more recent addition.

“['Dracula Untold' is] part of the monster launch, the revamp, yeah. I was really excited to be a part of that. When we started out, we weren’t, but then we found out that they were gonna do it. Working with Alex Kurtzman and Chris Morgan, who are very much a part of creating ‘The Mummy’ [reboot] and the other ones, it’s been fun to be a part of that.”

Badass Digest has been informed by its sources that Dracula Untold reshoots were conducted to allow the film to better fit the new Monsters universe, and Phillip’s comments above lend more credibility to those claims. Mind you, that shouldn’t have required too much tweaking of director Gary Shore’s Dracula origins film, since it primarily takes place in the 15th century. By comparison, the next Monsters installment – The Mummy - is set in the present-day, and most of the upcoming Monster films (such as the one that Fargo showrunner Noah Hawley is writing) ought to take place well after Dracula Untold.
    Last edited by Goggindowner; 03-22-2015 at 12:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    You're right. Usually I remember who made what but that one slipped me. That would explain how they got away with Herman's look when like Young Frankenstein had to have a different one, I had assumed it was safe as parody. They really are iconic looks for the monsters, even if they might not be quite what will be used in the new ones.

Anyhow, there's our first shared monster universe and where the monsters are the protagonists.

Mostly but then Hulk also happened. And we'll see how this Spidey addition goes.
    Wasn't the Hulk a better movie than Dracula Untold?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    One of my favorite movies that was never made: the original, lavish idea for Dracula's Daughter, which would have involved Bela's Dracula coming back to life and facing off against the sorcerer who turned him into a vampire in the first place. To be directed by James Whale!
    Never heard that before but that sounds like it could have been incredible. Make the sorcerer the Mummy, span the fight over several movies, each creating the other monsters as pawns to use against each other and boom, monster mayhem.
    Sounds perfect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    http://screenrant.com/dracula-untold...ters-universe/

Here's the important text:

[Alissa]Phillips [producer], when interviewed by HeyUGuys, confirmed that Dracula Untold is designed to be part of the Universal Monsters Universe relaunch that has Alex Kurtzman (writer of Star Trek and Transformers) and Chris Morgan (writer on recent Fast and the Furious series) onboard serving as its creative architects. Potential sequels were something the Dracula Untold production team had in mind from the start, but Phillips says the monsters universe ties were a more recent addition.

“['Dracula Untold' is] part of the monster launch, the revamp, yeah. I was really excited to be a part of that. When we started out, we weren’t, but then we found out that they were gonna do it. Working with Alex Kurtzman and Chris Morgan, who are very much a part of creating ‘The Mummy’ [reboot] and the other ones, it’s been fun to be a part of that.”

Badass Digest has been informed by its sources that Dracula Untold reshoots were conducted to allow the film to better fit the new Monsters universe, and Phillip’s comments above lend more credibility to those claims. Mind you, that shouldn’t have required too much tweaking of director Gary Shore’s Dracula origins film, since it primarily takes place in the 15th century. By comparison, the next Monsters installment – The Mummy - is set in the present-day, and most of the upcoming Monster films (such as the one that Fargo showrunner Noah Hawley is writing) ought to take place well after Dracula Untold.
    I know about the reshoots, I've already said they did them so that if the movie turned out to be a hit they could just have it be part of this monsters universe they're doing.

That interview almost sounds like the other things they were saying; that yes the new ending was added so they could make it part of the new Universal Monsters universe if they wanted, but that they don't know if they're doing that. She says in that interview that it is part of it, but right before that she says that she hopes they go on.