Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

yea, go power girl! Oh and what are the top 3 things you think power girl needs to become a more popular in and out of comics and what would you want to see done with her.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerwing View Post
    yea, go power girl! Oh and what are the top 3 things you think power girl needs to become a more popular in and out of comics and what would you want to see done with her.
    Welcome aboard!

And to answer your question?

1.) A solo book with a good writer, a good artist, and a good story that REALLY showcases who she is and what she's all about. The creative team needs to be allowed to produce this book for as long as possible. A few years, at least, would be ideal. Long, consistent runs ALWAYS stick out in people's minds when thinking about a given character.

2.) More appearances in other media. Animated movies, TV shows, and, if possible, a live-action movie. Get her name and her face out there as much as possible. Getting her name and face out there in the merchandising field would help a lot too.

3.) A strong role in the larger DCU. She needs to be MORE than just "the busty Kryptonian chick." She needs to have some area of the DCU that's uniquely her domain. When a given situation comes up, people need to think "Oh, this would definitely be a job for Powergirl."

......And the sad thing is? She HAD #1 and #3 in her solo book pre-Flashpoint. Her unique role came through her ownership of Starr Enterprises. She wasn't "just" another Kryptonian character. She had a multi-million dollar company at her disposal. She had technological solutions to certain problems. She could've easily become something of a tech expert for the superhero community. Plus, it gave her a whole other life with a good supporting cast to play in.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 05-10-2014 at 06:24 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Welcome aboard!

And to answer your question?

1.) A solo book with a good writer, a good artist, and a good story that REALLY showcases who she is and what she's all about. The creative team needs to be allowed to produce this book for as long as possible. A few years, at least, would be ideal. Long, consistent runs ALWAYS stick out in people's minds when thinking about a given character.

2.) More appearances in other media. Animated movies, TV shows, and, if possible, a live-action movie. Get her name and her face out there as much as possible. Getting her name and face out there in the merchandising field would help a lot too.

3.) A strong role in the larger DCU. She needs to be MORE than just "the busty Kryptonian chick." She needs to have some area of the DCU that's uniquely her domain. When a given situation comes up, people need to think "Oh, this would definitely be a job for Powergirl."

......And the sad thing is? She HAD #1 and #3 in her solo book pre-Flashpoint. Her unique role came through her ownership of Starr Enterprises. She wasn't "just" another Kryptonian character. She had a multi-million dollar company at her disposal. She had technological solutions to certain problems. She could've easily become something of a tech expert for the superhero community. Plus, it gave her a whole other life with a good supporting cast to play in.
    this, so much this

Thanks for the welcome. I agree 100% with you she needs to be apart of the larger dcu and one of thing that help with that is to interact with a/b list alot more. Seeing her hang with characters like wonder womder,batman,superman,zatanna flash,cyborg and dick grayson would help her be looked at as an equal. Aslo im sorry love the boob window but having a S-shield would help alot with her brand ( i mean look at supergirl and superboy! Do you think they would as popular in and out of comics if they did not have a S-shield or super in there name.) it don't have to look the same as superman's. It could be red like her cape on the inside instead of yellow and blue or gold for the S. last but not least i think powergirl could fit the pre-new52 nightwing role and be the leader of the other hero (aka hero's not named big 7) in the dcu.also powergirl could work a agency to be there powerhouse for mega threats like doomsday or powerfull meta-humans. The world would not to rely on the justice league for every thing. Just my 2 cents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerwing View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I agree 100% with you she needs to be apart of the larger dcu and one of thing that help with that is to interact with a/b list alot more. Seeing her hang with characters like wonder womder,batman,superman,zatanna flash,cyborg and dick grayson would help her be looked at as an equal. Aslo im sorry love the boob window but having a S-shield would help alot with her brand ( i mean look at supergirl and superboy! Do you think they would as popular in and out of comics if they did not have a S-shield or super in there name.) it don't have to look the same as superman's. It could be red like her cape on the inside instead of yellow and blue or gold for the S. last but not least i think powergirl could fit the pre-new52 nightwing role and be the leader of the other hero (aka hero's not named big 7) in the dcu.also powergirl could work a agency to be there powerhouse for mega threats like doomsday or powerfull meta-humans. The world would not to rely on the justice league for every thing. Just my 2 cents.
    i agree with everything except this, part of the reason she rivaled supergirl in popularity during her solo was because she was a distinct character. dc tried changing that with the new costume and look how well that went. it's not the window or powergirls distinctions that hurt her brand, it's her lack of exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    i agree with everything except this, part of the reason she rivaled supergirl in popularity during her solo was because she was a distinct character. dc tried changing that with the new costume and look how well that went. it's not the window or powergirls distinctions that hurt her brand, it's her lack of exposure.
    I agree that she doesn't NEED the S-shield, although I do think that reminding people that she's just as much a member of the Super legacy as the other Supers would be a good thing. It doesn't even have to replace the boob-window. She could wear her "S" as a belt buckle or at that clasp on her cape. Something small to reflect that she's not as closely affiliated with the Super legacy, but enough that people will remember that she's part of the family.

Failing that? Yeah, at the very least, she needs to spend some decent time around the other Supers. Especially Superman. I love the relationship she was starting to form with Supergirl as well. But yeah, she should really have more moments to remind everyone that she's a big-timer in the DCU in general.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

First step to making Kara a bigger/more popular character, get her out of Paul Levitz's hands. His handling of her in WF has been abysmal. Either give her her own solo book, or get a new writer for WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    First step to making Kara a bigger/more popular character, get her out of Paul Levitz's hands. His handling of her in WF has been abysmal. Either give her her own solo book, or get a new writer for WF.
    Yes, that really should have been #1 on my list.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--