Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Ooph. I haven't even begun to consider the possible continuity snarl that'll be Powergirl soon, or soon again sorta? Geeze.

If her continuity is taken back to what it was Pre-FP that wouldn't be too crazy but I wonder how that'll similarly affect Atlee, who isn't a Terra in the New 52 continuity. And if she does go back to being one (if PG goes back to what her story was) would Atlee follow suit? Which would then presumably get the other 2 Terra's before Atlee back in continuity as well?

Or would Atlee's story simply become some kind of streamlined third version as neither her Pre-FP or New 52 origin can exactly jive with Karen if she's restored. Hmm.

The Power Girl that was appearing in the Harley Quinn and Power Girl mini I think was the New 52 Power Girl. You can tell by her costume as she was wearing the armored gauntlet and boots as opposed to the fabric looking ones she was wearing pre Flashpoint. It is the costume she got when she appeared in the New 52 Supergirl book. Although the Power Girl costume she is wearing in the cover Hilden B. Lade posted is like her pre Flashpoint costume which is different from the costume she was wearing in the PG and HQ mini. So maybe this is actually a different Power Girl and not the New 52 one.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I don't think there was ever any doubt that the PG in Harley Quinn was the New 52/E-2 one. I won't be surprised if they try to retcon it but I doubt they'd waste the effort.

Just like Karen knowing Atlee from an unseen meeting was mentioned offhand in Starfire's book.

I had to register as I'm absolutely crazy about Conner & Palmiotti's Power Girl, and to see her finally return (with Atlee at her side, no less!) in HQ #16 just had me giddy all day

And that 6 panel-long hug Harley gives PeeGee at the end -- you could tell she was in heaven *melts*

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah, I don't think there was ever any doubt that the PG in Harley Quinn was the New 52/E-2 one. I won't be surprised if they try to retcon it but I doubt they'd waste the effort.
    Actually, I think there's a great deal of doubt about that: not only does the PG in Harley Quinn dress and act like the pre-Flashpoint PG, but to my knowledge her appearances have all taken place after the N52 Power Girl returned to Earth 2. Unless there are references to HQ's PG remembering things that N52's PG experienced, I see no reason to think they're the same person.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I just take it as none canon, but i would love for a powergirl spinoff

p.s nightwing may be having a baby with his girlfriend. my nightwing/powergirl ship
    Last edited by WonderNight; 03-16-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Question I've been meaning to ask for awhile, it's just finding a good size copy of this photo was difficult.

A few years ago, Wizard released this power scale for female heroes, and what always bugged me was that PG and SG weren't equal or even close to being equal.

Then of course, on the Supergirl series, we had this exchange.

Now granted, it was Loeb who was scribing Batman/Superman and later Supergirl's solo, and a recurring subplot at the time was that Supergirl was stronger, faster and better than Superman. Was SG's "plus one" status over other Kryptonians a product of that, or something else?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Actually, I think there's a great deal of doubt about that: not only does the PG in Harley Quinn dress and act like the pre-Flashpoint PG, but to my knowledge her appearances have all taken place after the N52 Power Girl returned to Earth 2. Unless there are references to HQ's PG remembering things that N52's PG experienced, I see no reason to think they're the same person.
    If I recall one of the first meetings with Harley and Powergirl had them teaming up with some kind of editor's note when it took place so to say it was before PG's return to E-2.

As for how she acts...Conner and Palmiotti have been pretty obvious that they don't really care about characterization if it gets in the way of how they're writing Powergirl. Atlee's pretty much identical to her PFP self despite not even ever being Terra otherwise etc... It's not all that different from how they pretty much ignored Red Hood and the Outlaws with their version of Starfire.

And if is somehow meant to be a different Powergirl oy.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 03-16-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Question I've been meaning to ask for awhile, it's just finding a good size copy of this photo was difficult.

A few years ago, Wizard released this power scale for female heroes, and what always bugged me was that PG and SG weren't equal or even close to being equal.

Then of course, on the Supergirl series, we had this exchange.

Now granted, it was Loeb who was scribing Batman/Superman and later Supergirl's solo, and a recurring subplot at the time was that Supergirl was stronger, faster and better than Superman. Was SG's "plus one" status over other Kryptonians a product of that, or something else?
    Wizard's always weird like that. But in Powergirl's case it was because they were writing with the power scale of where she roughly was during her believed to be Atlantean years I believe. Since that issue was around the time Infinite Crisis was happening so her being Kryptonian wasn't a thing again yet (and I don't think she'd only be 50 tons even then but I digress).

Wizard's always weird like that. But in Powergirl's case it was because they were writing with the power scale of where she roughly was during her believed to be Atlantean years I believe. Since that issue was around the time Infinite Crisis was happening so her being Kryptonian wasn't a thing again yet (and I don't think she'd only be 50 tons even then but I digress).
    Thanks for the clarification. I figured Infinite Crisis and the realigning of the DCU at the time probably had something to do with it. I was equally concerned that it was Loeb pulling another of his making equal characters unequal to fit his stories. Like what he did on the Hulk titles and Supergirl and Superman.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar
    Last edited by mathew101281; 03-17-2017 at 08:11 PM.

And if is somehow meant to be a different Powergirl oy.
    I think that has to be only explanation at this point considering how long its been in story and comics since she went back to earth-2.

Yeah, Connor and Palmiotti pretty much play by their own rules when it comes to the characters they scribe. Harley, PG, Terra and Starfire. I'm fine with it, because there stories are buy and large entertaining and well written. I don't look for their stories to fit in with whatever each individual character is doing on a shared/team book or reflect a reset continuity.

Yeah, they're doing “their own thing”. But where PG and Atlee are concerned, that looks a lot like the pre-Flashpoint versions. I'm not saying that they should change their characterizations to fit Rebirth; I'm saying that Johns should build the relevant parts of Rebirth around Connor and Palmonti's Power Girl. That is, the next time PG shows up in a title that someone else is writing, that writer should take his cues from them.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Yes, true. And, that was the "old", meaning original Kara Supergirl, who was probably the strongest female DC character, just 2 notches below Superman but more powerful than his younger self as Superboy. Talking Pre-Crisis here.

Nowadays, I think the strengths are reversed, with PG much ahead of the somewhat younger Supergirl.