Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, true. And, that was the "old", meaning original Kara Supergirl, who was probably the strongest female DC character, just 2 notches below Superman but more powerful than his younger self as Superboy. Talking Pre-Crisis here.

Nowadays, I think the strengths are reversed, with PG much ahead of the somewhat younger Supergirl.
    Honestly I don't even know if they were taking Pre-Crisis into account (that design for Supergirl makes me think of Matrix first)

But yeah that whole power scale got a lot of criticism for making no real sense even when it was first out. I really don't know how many of the folks here they even put into anything resembling what a real scale would be. And almost every heroine there has a lot of "Ummm" to their powers.

Molly's most likely over 3 tons but in fairness her powers aren't really physical (they're mental) and given what she's done in Runaways including flipping a Kaiju sized monster (who was as big as a skyscraper...) 3 tons is probably way under for her etc... though in her case it depends on how ready her mind is as she had to have extra help from Nico to not get sleepy. And so forth.

I don't think even when she was depowered as an "Atlantean" that Karen was ever even in the 50 ton range since her power was still treated as in the range of a Kryptonian during that time barring whatever silly weakness she had like "unprocessed materials".

And yeah ever since Kara's return they've been portrated as near equals with Powergirl generally a bit stronger.

Astonishing Member

And in other non current Powergirl issues...

As crap as the story was back in the 90's, I loved the idea of Powergirl being a mother. Her son Equinox was interesting to me, at least in theory. (Even though his story is ultimately a quick and simple copy of Raven's essentially IE Demon father, good mother using mystic abilities to defeat said father)

It amuses me that technically he was in theory just around.

Astonishing Member

And I really appreciate Terra as Powergirl's best friend.

Even before Atlee was made I liked to think Karen would have a similar friendship with Cir-El as a friend/mentor. So I like to think somewhere the three are a team.

I agree with you, PyroTwilight, that the tonnages do not make sense. Power Girl could probably lift 50 tons when she was 5.

The Marvel ton scale really does not work for the DC characters because they are far stronger than that and go into the thousands of tons. So yeah, maybe 50,000 tons for PG sounds right, but 50 tons, no way! Not unless the 50 ton range means 50,000 tons?

While PG is supposed to be the E-2 SG, I think there are some physical and mental differences between them like height, weight, build, muscle bulk, personality, relationship with Superman,etc. Each heroine is slightly different than than the other, which adds interesting dimensions to the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    A few years ago, Wizard released this power scale for female heroes, and what always bugged me was that PG and SG weren't equal or even close to being equal.
    That does seem odd but it seems weirder to me that Wonder Woman is listed as being stronger than She-Hulk.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    That does seem odd but it seems weirder to me that Wonder Woman is listed as being stronger than She-Hulk.
    Honestly as power comparison issues go that's not all that off to me, and probably the least odd piece of assumptions there. And you can always argue it's simply her base state or somesuch. :P

To me, Wonder Woman is way, way, way stronger than She-Hulk!

It is hard to compare inter-company characters since neither uses the same strength scale, or really a scale at all!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    And in other non current Powergirl issues...

As crap as the story was back in the 90's, I loved the idea of Powergirl being a mother. Her son Equinox was interesting to me, at least in theory. (Even though his story is ultimately a quick and simple copy of Raven's essentially IE Demon father, good mother using mystic abilities to defeat said father)

It amuses me that technically he was in theory just around.
    yeah just when nightwing might be having a baby in his book. ohh my dickxkaren

art by Leandro Matos color by Mystic Oracle

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I know this may be a stupid question but would you guys be cool if power girl was moved over to the titans as the super of that generation or do you want her to stay with the jsa? plus atlee in teen titans?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    I know this may be a stupid question but would you guys be cool if power girl was moved over to the titans as the super of that generation or do you want her to stay with the jsa? plus atlee in teen titans?

Yes,she is around dick and the rest of the Titans ages,and she could really standout there,BUT she is so ingrained in the JSA and earth 2,I don't ever see it happening,even though I would love it.

Course she isn't a part of the "family" of Titans,but if others like Kyle Rayner joined it could.be a sweet team.

Linda danvers​ could and should fill that Gap if they ever bring her back

Atlee would be cool on the TT

earth 2 is done for now. with rebirth she's going to be on main-earth living im new york city Manhattan, the titans would literally be down the street and the same age group. plus the titans could use a super as the powerhouse and power girl may not have a connection with with this jsa. it just makes sense she would heros her age that's part of the same hero community that's right down the street who are friendly and kind.

but dc will perhaps need powergirl to carry the jsa even if she doesn't have any connection to this world war 2 jsa.

plus i just what my nightwing x powergirl darn it .

Incredible Member

Isn't the Power Girl from Harley Quinn a mysterious refugee from another world, not the one from the new Earth-2 who starred in Worlds' Finest? My inference is that the pre-Flashpoint Power Girl is the current one appearing with Harley. Or a close approximation thereof. (Could be Earth-38, 16, 36, pre-vampire Earth-43. Or the larger multiverse. Or a Telos refugee.)