Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yes, that really should have been #1 on my list.
    agreed, all in favor? lol

Power Girl is awesome,that is all

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    First step to making Kara a bigger/more popular character, get her out of Paul Levitz's hands. His handling of her in WF has been abysmal. Either give her her own solo book, or get a new writer for WF.
    I 100 % agree with this. I could never understand the reason behind him writing Huntress either. He wrote her 30 years ago is a Little weak for that.

I love Power Girl! But over the years I've found that she is a very polarizing figure. Mostly amongst female comic fans. There are obviously a huge number of fans who love her but there are others who say she is everything that's wrong with comics. An example of the the sexism and chauvinism that is rampant in the world of comics. Of course it all comes down to the boob window.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I love Power Girl! But over the years I've found that she is a very polarizing figure. Mostly amongst female comic fans. There are obviously a huge number of fans who love her but there are others who say she is everything that's wrong with comics. An example of the the sexism and chauvinism that is rampant in the world of comics. Of course it all comes down to the boob window.
    she might appear polarizing on the internet, but that's due to the vocal "feminist" detractors who cry sexism with any female who is comfortable with their own beauty,despite the fact that the idea of embracing themselves mirrors the original sentiment of actual feminists during the womens rights movement. mind you these are the same people who want WW to wear pants lol

I don't like how power girl is always blasted for the cleavage window, wonder woman's costume actually leaves less to the imagination than power girl's, and no one says anything, in fact some fans lost it when JMS gave her pants to wear. Big Barda shows more skin sometimes, and so does emma frost, but who's the poster child for bad portrayals of female characters? power girl. It's not fair.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I don't like how power girl is always blasted for the cleavage window, wonder woman's costume actually leaves less to the imagination than power girl's, and no one says anything, in fact some fans lost it when JMS gave her pants to wear. Big Barda shows more skin sometimes, and so does emma frost, but who's the poster child for bad portrayals of female characters? power girl. It's not fair.
    Totally agree.

Although as far as Wonder Woman? Yeah, trust me. There is a VERY vocal segment of her fanbase who very much want to see her covered up more. They seem to be a minority, but trust me, they're out there.

But yes. You're ultimately right. Karen gets more flack for her costume then almost anyone, and it really makes no sense.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Hey guys what do you think should be power girl's niche in the dcu. The thing that sets her apart and a place she can own and grow!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerwing View Post
    Hey guys what do you think should be power girl's niche in the dcu. The thing that sets her apart and a place she can own and grow!
    As I said earlier: Starr Enterprises. Making her the ONLY Corporate hero in the Super Family would do wonders to give her a unique place among them. Starr Enterprises' focus on technology and bettering the world through good business also gives her the option for more stories about helping the world that don't revolve around punching things. It gives her a unique supporting cast and a lot of great resources to call upon in her adventures.

Honestly, DC could just bring back her pre-Flashpoint solo book and take up EXACTLY where it left off, and it would work out almost perfectly. A few changes might need to be made. Atlee would have to be reintroduced (no objection here.) But honestly? That book was just about perfect for Karen, and it would do much to establish her as a unique and special character.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    so true it's not even funny

I came here for the pictures,.... i am disappointed. lol
    No seriously PG forever, also i like the commenter who spoke out against the injustice against PG and her costume, when far more famous female characters get away with it and then some, and even still some get praised as icons of femininity.
    And now I finally arrived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    I came here for the pictures,.... i am disappointed. lol
    No seriously PG forever, also i like the commenter who spoke out against the injustice against PG and her costume, when far more famous female characters get away with it and then some, and even still some get praised as icons of femininity.

here you go buddy

BANNED

Ultimate Member

I don't care if she has to boob window or not. I don't dislike it, but I'm not all that attached to it either. However, if you're going to get rid of it, then you have to replace it with something interesting as well. WF's costume was just ugly looking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I don't care if she has to boob window or not. I don't dislike it, but I'm not all that attached to it either. However, if you're going to get rid of it, then you have to replace it with something interesting as well. WF's costume was just ugly looking.
    idk, at this point of the characters history, i'm going with a "if it sin't broke dont fix it" stance.