Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152 LastLast

Chapter Six of my crossover DC/Dragon Ball Z story featuring Power Girl has been posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1294361...n-Wife-of-Goku

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

For those interested, I've posted another story that features Powergirl (what can I say, I love the character). This AU version of her (based on the old Justice League cartoon) is married to Lex Luthor of all people. If you want to read about this rendition of Powergirl and this crack pairing please follow the below link -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1301484...of-Superheroes

If so inclined. enjoy.

post Rebirth, what is her status now?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

She was in Deathstroke for one issue but she's still M.I.A

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    post Rebirth, what is her status now?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    She was in Deathstroke for one issue but she's still M.I.A
    Other than that she make irregular guest appearances in the Harley Quinn series. I do think that either plays on another Earth or in some near future scenario though; so the DS status might be the Rebirth here & now status. Not 100% sure though, DS its one of the two or three series I do not care about :/

Heh, kind of funny. Wanting to read more material about PG brought me into reading HQ in the first place; never would have thought to pick up an HQ issue before if not PG being on one cover one day

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Astonishing Member

Power Girl (and the JSA) work best on a separate Earth. Fingers crossed that this is the case when they all return.

Teh above video is by Youtube channel host the 4th snake. He proposes an alternative take on the Female Furies story in Final Crisis. In his version, he thinks Power Girl would have made for a better inclusion among the brainwashed heroines who become Furies. To break it down.

* Karen would make for a better opponent for Supergirl as she's an alternate universe doppleganger.

* She'd have a House of El symbol to reflect her loss of identity.

* She could be the Horse woman of Death given she's lost her home planet.

Thoughts?

Just read the Geoff Johns mini and her 2009 run.
    Any recommendations?
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Any recommendations?
    I only have one and thats Justice Society of America (2007) by Geoff Johns. It's a team so she's not going to be the focus all the time but she was a core member.

I haven't read a lot of material for her except for the two things you mentioned. She appears in JL: Europe and JSA (1998) (Not till later though). I don't know the overall quality of both runs though.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I only have one and thats Justice Society of America (2007) by Geoff Johns. It's a team so she's not going to be the focus all the time but she was a core member.

I haven't read a lot of material for her except for the two things you mentioned. She appears in JL: Europe and JSA (1998) (Not till later though). I don't know the overall quality of both runs though.
    Thanks man!
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Any recommendations?
    Well, there's the opening arc of JSA Classified that gets into her origin (which I *guess* is part of what you call the "Johns mini"?), and building directly off that is a solid subplot in Infinite Crisis.

She was also a major player in the JSA All-Stars title that spun out of Johns' second JSA run (2009-2011).

The New52 Worlds Finest series starred her and Huntress (Helena Wayne), but I personally didn't think it was a very good take on Karen and I dropped it fairly quickly.

There was also a Power Girl & Harley Quinn miniseries from a year or so back. That was a lot of fun, but it's more Harley than Karen; Karen's mostly there just to be the straight man to Harley's shenanigans, but it works pretty well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, there's the opening arc of JSA Classified that gets into her origin (which I *guess* is part of what you call the "Johns mini"?), and building directly off that is a solid subplot in Infinite Crisis.

She was also a major player in the JSA All-Stars title that spun out of Johns' second JSA run (2009-2011).

The New52 Worlds Finest series starred her and Huntress (Helena Wayne), but I personally didn't think it was a very good take on Karen and I dropped it fairly quickly.

There was also a Power Girl & Harley Quinn miniseries from a year or so back. That was a lot of fun, but it's more Harley than Karen; Karen's mostly there just to be the straight man to Harley's shenanigans, but it works pretty well.
    If its Power Trip you both are referring too then I guess yes. It contains JSA: CLASSIFIED #1-4 & POWER GIRL #1-12

There are Power Girl: Bombsquad and Power Girl: Old Friends which are the followup trades and contain her whole 200X run together with Power Trip. Other than that I also only am aware of the HQ team ups; the PG team-ups are my personal highlights there . Oh, there is also a four issue mini from late 80s; have not read it yet though:

I too have heard more often than not that the PG/Huntess Worlds Finest kind of sucks and have not gotten it yet. Its that bad?
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 11-17-2018 at 08:56 AM.