Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

they got rid of Superman's underwear and the costume still looks cool. Supergirl got rid of the skirt, and now that I've gotten over the diaper, I really like her new costume. Superboy got that black and red costume that looks really cool, so they can just as well get rid of the boob window and go for a more Supergirl in white type look; although personally I'd be against it; if it makes the female defense force shut up and brings PG into the wider known and popular spectrum then yeah I'm all for it

one of PG's problems if you ask me is the supporting cast. PG has always been surrounded by an awesome cast of characters and when she went solo Terra was introduced as well as she was given a company. When she was business woman extraordinaire she was great and when she was with Terra she was just plain fun. Huntress on the other hand tries to detract from her and just ends up making PG boring at times

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    they got rid of Superman's underwear and the costume still looks cool. Supergirl got rid of the skirt, and now that I've gotten over the diaper, I really like her new costume. Superboy got that black and red costume that looks really cool, so they can just as well get rid of the boob window and go for a more Supergirl in white type look; although personally I'd be against it; if it makes the female defense force shut up and brings PG into the wider known and popular spectrum then yeah I'm all for it

one of PG's problems if you ask me is the supporting cast. PG has always been surrounded by an awesome cast of characters and when she went solo Terra was introduced as well as she was given a company. When she was business woman extraordinaire she was great and when she was with Terra she was just plain fun. Huntress on the other hand tries to detract from her and just ends up making PG boring at times
    1 it still sucks compared to the original
    2 you mean the tron outfit? pass
    3 that same defense force didn't stop karen from rivaling supergirl during her solo run. people seriously over exaggerate how much of in effect that vocal minority really has

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post

The diaper is MUCH worse than the skirt on Supergirl. The skirt was only problematic when certain artists true it. The diaper is hideous and stupid all the time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    idk, at this point of the characters history, i'm going with a "if it sin't broke dont fix it" stance.
    I've never subscribed to that theory. If something is dumb, then it's dumb. It doesn't matter how long it's been around, it's still dumb. Keeping something purely for nostalgia's sake is not a valid argument imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I've never subscribed to that theory. If something is dumb, then it's dumb. It doesn't matter how long it's been around, it's still dumb. Keeping something purely for nostalgia's sake is not a valid argument imo.
    well i agree with your stance there, the thing is the window wasn't dumb like the underpants were. if something works, chances are it's not dumb. the window works because it distinguished karen from other superheroines. it made her stand out and look unique. changing that to fit into the generic mold is a step backwards.

BANNED

well i agree with your stance there, the thing is the window wasn't dumb like the underpants were. if something works, chances are it's not dumb. the window works because it distinguished karen from other superheroines. it made her stand out and look unique. changing that to fit into the generic mold is a step backwards.
    A lot of things can work to "distinguish" from other superheroes. A big rubber chicken mask. A rainbow-coloured cape. A pair of zebra-print wellington boots. Still dumb.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    A lot of things can work to "distinguish" from other superheroes. A big rubber chicken mask. A rainbow-coloured cape. A pair of zebra-print wellington boots. Still dumb.
    exaggerations aside, feel free think the window is dumb, it is your opinion. but don't use your opinion as some sort of mandate to change it. especially when most fans of the character say otherwise. that's all i'm going to say on the matter.

since this is an appreciation thread, let's get back to celebrating the character.

BANNED

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Incredible Member

one of the best power girl series, great stories lines and drawing

Incredible Member

Thanks For The Ride Cowboy!!!

Last edited by gwhh; 05-16-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Is her new outfit made of same material as Supergirl's.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4JW View Post
    I assume it is, it was created by the same machine after all

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4JW View Post
    you mean the redesign they scrapped? nope.