Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, I'd love Manapul or Dodson. Or Conner was always great.

I know some people don't love his cheesecakey style, but Ed Benes can draw a pretty darn good Karen. Why he's even recently learned how to not draw the exact same face on every female character! And let's face it, on a Powergirl book? A little cheesecake is HARDLY a bad thing.
    very true indeed

Yeah, I'd love Manapul or Dodson. Or Conner was always great.

I know some people don't love his cheesecakey style, but Ed Benes can draw a pretty darn good Karen. Why he's even recently learned how to not draw the exact same face on every female character! And let's face it, on a Powergirl book? A little cheesecake is HARDLY a bad thing.
    while true that he might do a good job I think that Emanuela Lupacchino and Kenneth Rocafort should take dual ownership of the art department for a PG book
    also I thought Mike Bowden did an amazing job on AmeComi Power Girl mini. DC should consider artist with a different art styles instead of forcing every artist to mold their art so that every book looks similar, that's one of the many reasons Marvel continues to dominate the sales chart every month

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    while true that he might do a good job I think that Emanuela Lupacchino and Kenneth Rocafort should take dual ownership of the art department for a PG book
    also I thought Mike Bowden did an amazing job on AmeComi Power Girl mini. DC should consider artist with a different art styles instead of forcing every artist to mold their art so that every book looks similar, that's one of the many reasons Marvel continues to dominate the sales chart every month
    Oh, yeah! I forgot about Lupacchino. I hear she's been doing good work on Supergirl lately. I wouldn't know because I refuse to read Supergirl until she takes off that damn red ring, but I've seen some very good cover art from her. Yeah, she'd be a great choice as well.

Rocafort? No problem either.

Can't say much about the AmeComi stuff other than I really don't like the anime style of making every woman look like a vacant-eyed bimbo. Also? I only had to hear that Wonder Woman was slaughtering men who never had a chance against her, and I knew I wanted to stay as FAR away from that project as possible. But if Bowden can do better than that? No real objection.

I highly doubt more artistic flexibility is a contributing factor to Marvel's sales dominance. Especially not since I have seen some recent artwork and a number of major Marvel books that was absolutely NAUSEATING to look upon. I can't point to too many books Marvel currently has where I can honestly say that I love the art.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

377 Feats Of Strength Of Power Girl From The Comics:

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/o04m...pu2fdos7pj1bvq

Oh, yeah! I forgot about Lupacchino. I hear she's been doing good work on Supergirl lately. I wouldn't know because I refuse to read Supergirl until she takes off that damn red ring, but I've seen some very good cover art from her. Yeah, she'd be a great choice as well.

Rocafort? No problem either.

Can't say much about the AmeComi stuff other than I really don't like the anime style of making every woman look like a vacant-eyed bimbo. Also? I only had to hear that Wonder Woman was slaughtering men who never had a chance against her, and I knew I wanted to stay as FAR away from that project as possible. But if Bowden can do better than that? No real objection.

I highly doubt more artistic flexibility is a contributing factor to Marvel's sales dominance. Especially not since I have seen some recent artwork and a number of major Marvel books that was absolutely NAUSEATING to look upon. I can't point to too many books Marvel currently has where I can honestly say that I love the art.
    to paint a clearer picture:

Rocafort

Lupacchino

Bowden

they're all different and that's what I like about them. You'd be lucky to find any other DC artist that can offer such a different style from every other DC book.

as for the sales portion
    it's clear that Marvel stories are crap compared to DC. So what else is left besides art? Although many would argue artist like Ramos or Stegman are shit, it's that type of artist diversity that really makes every book look different and similar art fatigue doesn't hit as hard. When Marvel is pushing artist like Madureira, Ramos, Stegman, Asrar, Medina, etc. for their diverse art styles DC demands all artist keep a similar style so that there is unison between all the books. While a neat idea in concept it's never a good idea to tell artist they can't express themselves by using their signature art style

BANNED

Rocafort

Lupacchino

Bowden

they're all different and that's what I like about them. You'd be lucky to find any other DC artist that can offer such a different style from every other DC book.

as for the sales portion
    it's clear that Marvel stories are crap compared to DC. So what else is left besides art? Although many would argue artist like Ramos or Stegman are shit, it's that type of artist diversity that really makes every book look different and similar art fatigue doesn't hit as hard. When Marvel is pushing artist like Madureira, Ramos, Stegman, Asrar, Medina, etc. for their diverse art styles DC demands all artist keep a similar style so that there is unison between all the books. While a neat idea in concept it's never a good idea to tell artist they can't express themselves by using their signature art style
    i agree to an exstent, there should be more diversity but it can't go to far into left field. it's okay to point out that some artists drawing style are just really bad.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Rocafort

Lupacchino

Bowden

as for the sales portion
    Of the three? Rocafort is definitely my favorite.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

And her sin is lust:

Last edited by gwhh; 06-01-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    Me too, Power Girl.

Welcome aboard!

And to answer your question?

1.) A solo book with a good writer, a good artist, and a good story that REALLY showcases who she is and what she's all about. The creative team needs to be allowed to produce this book for as long as possible. A few years, at least, would be ideal. Long, consistent runs ALWAYS stick out in people's minds when thinking about a given character.

2.) More appearances in other media. Animated movies, TV shows, and, if possible, a live-action movie. Get her name and her face out there as much as possible. Getting her name and face out there in the merchandising field would help a lot too.

3.) A strong role in the larger DCU. She needs to be MORE than just "the busty Kryptonian chick." She needs to have some area of the DCU that's uniquely her domain. When a given situation comes up, people need to think "Oh, this would definitely be a job for Powergirl."

......And the sad thing is? She HAD #1 and #3 in her solo book pre-Flashpoint. Her unique role came through her ownership of Starr Enterprises. She wasn't "just" another Kryptonian character. She had a multi-million dollar company at her disposal. She had technological solutions to certain problems. She could've easily become something of a tech expert for the superhero community. Plus, it gave her a whole other life with a good supporting cast to play in.
    I love Power Girl and I'm kinda sad that she didn't have ongoing solo series anymore. And agree with this. Power Girl even recruit former supervillain to work at her company.

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    I love Power Girl and I'm kinda sad that she didn't have ongoing solo series anymore.And agree with this. Power Girl even recruit former supervillain to work at her company.
    I feel ya dude. Still a PG solo might be a bit difficult now, given the world is ending and all. Maybe after the dust settles and they're back in Earth 1?
    Hopefully she gets another solo, I'm still wishing for another PG & Terra book. They had a much better dynamic than PG and Huntress if you ask me

BANNED

BANNED

This is my favorite look for Power Girl so far (from POWER GIRL #5, 2009):

Forget the boob-window. Close it up tomorrow if it meant PG could go all She-Hulk and ditch the footwear.

That's a great sexy look on her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    This is my favorite look for Power Girl so far (from POWER GIRL #5, 2009):

Forget the boob-window. Close it up tomorrow if it meant PG could go all She-Hulk and ditch the footwear.

That's a great sexy look on her.
    wow that is a good look

BANNED