Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warehouse 13

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Default Warehouse 13

The thread was lost to the purge, but the show survives-for the next three weeks. Old episodes, new episodes-let's discus them here!

I liked this week's episode a lot more than the last. I always enjoy Myka and Artie's interactions. They're so alike. Confronting Myka with not only her cancer scare but her tendency to close herself off is good for her character. I just hope it won't open her up to Pete. That's actually what I didn't like about last week. Their sibling relationship is everything I could hope for from tv. Shared children will complicate and potential destroy that. Myka's also insisted she doesn't want kids, and I thought Pete learned to respect that, finally, after getting her preggers.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

It was nice seeing both Ryan Cartwright and Erin Way from Alphas show up. Sad there are only three episodes left though.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

That was great! I only recently watched Alphas.
    I saw them and immediately knew they were ones getting whammied. It's funny how Alphas and Eureka share a universe with Warehouse 13, but the actors play different characters, too. It's easy to believe the characters have doubles when I consider the subject matter of Eureka and Warehouse. It's too bad Pete or Artie didn't go to Eureka, or Vanessa to the fair.

BANNED

This was a terrible episode. Aside from the stuff between Claudia and her sister, the whole thing felt like poorly improvised filler. And the actors (particularly in the Ren Fair segments) looked like they were just going through the motions.

Incredible Member

I think it's official. Pete stopped emotionally maturing at age 12. Wondered why Artie never tried to control Claudia's sister anger medicinally or try teaching her Zen meditation to keep her anger in check.

Amazing Member

The internet had been around long enough fifteen years ago to know it's more then a fad!

The ren fair stuff was a bit blah. Seriously, this is like the forth episode of a show that has had ref fair stuff within the last year.

The show can wrap some stories up rather quickly. They were doing fine with Pete and Myka being really good friends, it's okay to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I think it's official. Pete stopped emotionally maturing at age 12. Wondered why Artie never tried to control Claudia's sister anger medicinally or try teaching her Zen meditation to keep her anger in check.
    I don't think that would've been enough. It looked like she was getting angrier as she went. Myka did, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
    The internet had been around long enough fifteen years ago to know it's more then a fad!
    I thought, "I missed the Garbage concert," was hilarious, though. The face she made was, at least.

Oh my God, I do not want Pete and Myka together. They're so nice as siblings. I hope it's not going own like this. It's so unnecessary, and it goes against everything they've already established with their relationship.
    The rest of the episode was funny.

Amazing Member

The way they're trying to force Pete and Myka together is horrible. The thought if them hooking up makes my skin crawl.

Also I found the Steve stuff a wee bit offensive. Not sure if I was just being over sensitive, but it definitely annoyed me.

Part-Time Pen Monkey

Highly disappointed overall with the last three episodes. I was really hoping, given the fact they gave them some final episodes for closure, we'd get a epic storyarc across the last episodes to tie everything into a bittersweet final farewell. Instead we've got a bunch of episodes that feel like random story ideas that got tossed out from the brainstorming sessions during previous seasons. Something to just fill in the episode slots because they had them now and didnt have anything better to do.

I was really hoping the "Brother/Sister" comment in the last episode was kinda a double meaning in it. Basically the show itself yelling at them, that the idea was stupid and to just be close friends.

Personally, I'm loving this series and last night's episode was hilarious. The thing is, Warehouse 13 has always been a pretty goofy show at heart. Yeah, it's had some darker stories, but the very concept of the show makes it hard to ever really suspend disbelief all that far. For me, Warehouse 13 is at it's best when it embraces the silly.

As for Pete and Myka, I don't have a problem with that at all. They're best friends who've worked and lived together closely for 5 years - it ain't like romantic relationships never grow out of situations like that in real life, and as we've established, Warehouse 13 is pretty far removed from real life anyway.

BANNED

Another overly slapsticky piece of filler. If they hadn't had to clean up the tease about Claudia' sister, I'd say they'd have been better off just letting the show end after the Paracelsus storyline was done. Feels like they've just been treading water ever since.

Incredible Member

I'm not sure how offended I should be about this episode. I'm pretty easy going about most things (don't mind a good 'wetback' joke now and then) but this episode seemed a bit insulting to both hispanics and gays. The telenovela story line started out alright but then it started to slide into a derogatory or racist attitude. Psych managed to make an story centering around a telenovela without getting too insulting.

The Claudia and Jinx also started out well but it got a little strange when Jinx got cloned/split. The others were split into party animals and bookworms but when Jinx got split he turned into stereotype flaming gay and prissy gay. Does a party animal gay automatically go flaming?

And it may seem like I'm harping a lot on Pete but he is useless now. He's never heard of 'Close Captioning'? Myka is useful for her history and academic knowledge, Claudia has her tech/computer skills and Jinx has his lie detector ability. What happened to Pete's 'bad mojo' detecting ability? I don't think they had him use it since the middle of last season. I hope Myka smacks him down hard when he declares his love for her. Any waffling on her part and Pete will think he has some shot with her. They do not belong together. Myka seems to think of Pete as a dopey younger brother (or a mentally deficient one) than any kind of love interest.

I'm not sure how offended I should be about this episode. I'm pretty easy going about most things (don't mind a good 'wetback' joke now and then) but this episode seemed a bit insulting to both hispanics and gays. The telenovela story line started out alright but then it started to slide into a derogatory or racist attitude.
    How did you perceive it as racist? Not to undermine your opinion at all, I'm genuinely curious. For me, the TeleNovela was obviously sterotypically hammy and cheesy and silly, but no more so than similar pastiches and parodies of US and UK soap operas have been over the years. The humour derives from lampooning the bad writing, acting and direction that accompanies so many of these shows, which is what I got from Warehouse 13.

The Claudia and Jinx also started out well but it got a little strange when Jinx got cloned/split. The others were split into party animals and bookworms but when Jinx got split he turned into stereotype flaming gay and prissy gay. Does a party animal gay automatically go flaming?
    The effects of the candle seemed to be to split someone into the two most extreme sides of their persona - hence how the first student almost ended up almost killing himself, because his party side was unfettered by any common sense and responsibility. With Jinx, it was his fun party side and his work ethic (rather than 'prissy gay'). Yes. his fun personal was certainly on the stereotypical side, but that was the point - It was an extreme, just as it was with the partying students - just manifested in a different way (presumably because Jinx wasn't drinking when the Candle whammied him).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    How did you perceive it as racist? Not to undermine your opinion at all, I'm genuinely curious. For me, the TeleNovela was obviously sterotypically hammy and cheesy and silly, but no more so than similar pastiches and parodies of US and UK soap operas have been over the years. The humour derives from lampooning the bad writing, acting and direction that accompanies so many of these shows, which is what I got from Warehouse 13.

The effects of the candle seemed to be to split someone into the two most extreme sides of their persona - hence how the first student almost ended up almost killing himself, because his party side was unfettered by any common sense and responsibility. With Jinx, it was his fun party side and his work ethic (rather than 'prissy gay'). Yes. his fun personal was certainly on the stereotypical side, but that was the point - It was an extreme, just as it was with the partying students - just manifested in a different way (presumably because Jinx wasn't drinking when the Candle whammied him).
    Like I said I was alright with the beginning of it but halfway through I started feeling like it was demeaning hispanics, can't really be specific about it (maybe part of it was Pete's overacting like a flamingo dancer or Artie's dressing like a junta leader). And I'm not sure Jinx's work ethic would really be lecturing a co-ed on what her parents would think of her drinking at a party. It would be focused on doing the job at hand.