Default Free Comic Book Day 2024!

With this past Saturday being Free Comic Book Day, I was wondering what everyone did to mark the occasion?

Did you go out to pick up some books? What did you get? What did you think of what you got? Run into any special sales at shops? Take photos with cosplayers or meet artists and writers?

I visited my local shop, Twilight Comics in New Bedford, MA. It is my weekly stop so we get lunch from Subway, shoot the bull talking about random geek and occasionally non-geek stuff too. We play a wrestling card game and we watched the Backlash wrestling event as well.

I got there a little late so whatever store opening rush there was had gone by before I arrived. I pre-ordered a number of titles for the FCBD books because I give them out on Halloween so the photo below shows what I am getting.

ACD1.jpg

Customers trickled in throughout the day but the store did end up running low and by mid-afternoon all that was left was the DC and Marvel Gold Level books plus the Cursedverse and Barbaric books. There weren't any special sales in the shop this year.

The DC Absolute Power book was okay but I can't see myself picking it up. The Bloodhunt Marvel book was okay but I was actually more into the X-Men story that served as the backup story in the book. I didn't really care for either of the other two books.

I'll be working my way through the rest of the books as time allows. I'm sure the more kid friendly stuff will be okay but not for me since I'm not the intended audience but as long as the kids at the door on Halloween like them, I'm good.

So, what about the rest of you?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I went Comics For Collectors, my local shop, and picked up the Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures, Spidey and Friends, and Marvel Voices. I also got a free Pokemon book for my g/f. And I bought a few books: Spider-woman the Flash, Ion, and the Atom.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Damn nice haul, Deathstroke!

I didn’t do anything Comics related Saturday. I was at the shooting range all day.

I went to my lcs, Super Fly Comics and Games in Yellow Springs OH and picked up a massive haul of freebies, then bought my weekly pulls and some back issues to support the shop, because those free comics aren't free to the retailers.

Here's my haul (over a few posts):

The Free Offerings:

more to follow

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

More of my FCBD haul

the rest of the Freebies...

my pulls for the week...

with more pulls and back issues to follow in next post...

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

More FCBD 2024 goodness

The last of my pulls-the 4 pack of virgin variants of Patch Zircher's connecting Conan covers...

and some misc. Batman back issues...

and that was my FCBD haul. Still diving into the stuff, I had D&D games afterwards on Saturday and on Sunday, so I have only had a chance to read Conan Battle of the Black Stone, Flash Gordon, Jonny Quest and Gatchaman so far.

-M