Page 133 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    Legendary Serbian Singer-Songwriter Djordje Balasevic Dies Of Coronavirus at 66.
    One of the greatest storytellers in music.
    R.I.P. legend.

His songs always had something to say. They were cautionary, moral, critical tales often charged with deep emotions or humorous tone, and written like poems.
    To my knowledge, he only wrote one song in English, and while I was certain Youtube had English subtitles to many of his tunes, now I can't find a single one. Instead, here is his most famous song (The Story of Vasa Ladachky) performed by Eurovision Contest participant Tajci, that do have subtitles.
    Beautiful and sad song… I wonder why the most beautiful songs are also the saddest…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Beautiful and sad song… I wonder why the most beautiful songs are also the saddest…
    Because they are full of emotions, and it's easy to connect to them.

Music can also mend relationships strained by politics.

The death of a beloved musician unites people in all republics of ex-Yugoslavia once torn apart by war.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2AK0QY
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Ultimate Member

Radio host and founder of the Russ Martin Foundation (that help first responders and police)-Russ Martin was found dead at his home.

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/e...s-martin-died/

He had been sick for a few years and had to do his radio show from home or even missed shows from time to time.

Longtime Dallas DJ Russ Martin was found dead at his home in Frisco on February 27; he was 60.

According to a police report, Frisco police responded to a call at Martin's residence in the 6300 block of Douglas Avenue in Frisco, after a friend found him unresponsive. Martin was pronounced dead at the scene; the cause of death is yet to be determined, but foul play was not suspected.

Martin, who was born Russell Dale Martin on October 4, 1960 and grew up in Pleasant Grove, was a Dallas radio personality for more than 30 years. He rose to fame in the '80s after joining rock station KEGL 97.1 "The Eagle," where he did the morning drive-time slot after The Howard Stern Show left the station in 1997.
    He also did the show Hot Tickets with JD Ryan in the 80s on the Dallas affiliate of Fox.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

https://chicago.suntimes.com/movies-...-29-television

Jahmil French known as Dave from Degrassi and Hulu's Soundtrack has died at age 29.

https://news.yahoo.com/degrassi-next...213854181.html

Invincible Member

Bunny Wailer from the famed reggae group has passed away.

Retired

It's belated, but no one here has said a word about the passing of Walter Gretzky, father of Wayne Gretzky, who died on March 4th, so I thought I'd best say something. Maybe for people outside Canada, Walter Gretzky is an unknown, but for many in Canada, he was our hockey dad and as much a hero as his son. It was Walter who coached and trained Wayne to become the Great One--and more importantly imparted his values of decency and hard work. His funeral was held on March 6th, where Wayne paid tribute to his father and the organist played the theme to "Hockey Night in Canada."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's belated, but no one here has said a word about the passing of Walter Gretzky, father of Wayne Gretzky, who died on March 4th, so I thought I'd best say something. Maybe for people outside Canada, Walter Gretzky is an unknown, but for many in Canada, he was our hockey dad and as much a hero as his son. It was Walter who coached and trained Wayne to become the Great One--and more importantly imparted his values of decency and hard work. His funeral was held on March 6th, where Wayne paid tribute to his father and the organist played the theme to "Hockey Night in Canada."
    Worth noting that Walter gets a shout out right off of the bat in this tune...

RIP Walter.

Comic artist Frank Thorne, best known for his work on the Red Sonja character, has passed away. He and his wife Marilyn died within 6 hours of each other.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Comic artist Frank Thorne, best known for his work on the Red Sonja character, has passed away. He and his wife Marilyn died within 6 hours of each other.
    Was it from Coronavirus?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Loved the line from Dynamite about "No creator played a more prominent role in shaping and defining #RedSonja as we know and love her today."

Considering how well Thorne's artwork defined early Red Sonja stories, he truly did "shape" and "define" her.

Yep. Frank Thorne almost feels like the creator of Red Sonja, his work is so iconic. For me, he captured the savagery and beauty of her character perfectly, especially in her facial expressions and that wild hair.

It really doesn't matter how many Red Sonja depictions I see, be they ultra sexy or realistic or whatever. Thorne's version is her.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-09-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Was it from Coronavirus?
    I only know what was said in the link I provided.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

News anchor and reporter Roger Mudd has passed away.