Page 84 of 243 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I recall how when Doris Day's long time husband/manager Marty Melcher died, she was shocked to find out he lost all the millions she made plus left her in debt because he made some poor investments. That's why she ended up working in TV, he made a deal just before he died to recoup some of the losses. She sued his business partner after finding out.
    Which begs the question: who had the worst husband(s) from that era- Doris Day or Debbie Reynolds?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Which begs the question: who had the worst husband(s) from that era- Doris Day or Debbie Reynolds?
    Wasn't Debbie married to Tony Curtis who was said to have been a serious horndog back in the day?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Wasn't Debbie married to Tony Curtis who was said to have been a serious horndog back in the day?
    Debbie Reynolds was married to Eddie Fisher and they are the parents of Carrie Fisher. When Elizabeth Taylor's husband Michael Todd died in a plane crash, Eddie Fisher left Debbie to pursue and then marry her. Then of course Richard Burton had an affair with Taylor while they filmed Cleopatra together so she left Fisher to marry him.

Tony Curtis was married to Janet Leigh ("Psycho") and their daugther is Jamie Lee Curtis. A quick check shows that he had 6 wives! Don't know how many affairs. I do recall him appearing on The Roe Conn show on a Chicago radio station and by this time he was in a wheel chair but he was still pretty active. I remember after he left the studio when the interview ended they laughed at how he was chasing the female traffic reporter around the studio in his wheel chair.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    R.I.P. actress Peggy Lipton.

You can read the rest here: https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...511-story.html
    Man, even as a little kid, I thought she was ridiculously pretty. Too bad she (or just about every woman on TV or film before the '80s) couldn't run for her life.

RIP

Jim Fowler, of “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom,” has passed.

You can read the rest at https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/jim-fowler-longtime-host-of-wild-kingdom-nature-series-dies-at-87

My brothers and I religiously watched Wild Kingdom every Sunday during the '70s. I can't think of anybody cooler than he was from his line of work from that era.

RIP

R.I.P. John Havlicek.
    (And I never was a Boston Celtics fan.)
    Full article at https://www2.bostonglobe.com/metro/o...Q7J/story.html
    I think the first time I ever saw him was around the time he retired, which was when I started getting into pro basketball. I have seen quite a few classic games featuring him since then, so I'm glad about that.

RIP

R.I.P. John Singleton.
    You can read the rest here: https://www.apnews.com/d3369ee7490e453cbb1648990dd6804c
    It's sad when someone that talented and only a few years younger than yourself leaves us.

RIP

R.I.P. John Singleton.
    You can read the rest here: https://www.apnews.com/d3369ee7490e453cbb1648990dd6804c
    It's sad when someone that talented and only a few years younger than yourself leaves us.

RIP
    With John Singleton having a stroke at age 51 and Luke Perry dying from a stroke at age 52 back around the beginning of March, it seemed like quite a strange coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Debbie Reynolds was married to Eddie Fisher and they are the parents of Carrie Fisher. When Elizabeth Taylor's husband Michael Todd died in a plane crash, Eddie Fisher left Debbie to pursue and then marry her. Then of course Richard Burton had an affair with Taylor while they filmed Cleopatra together so she left Fisher to marry him.

Tony Curtis was married to Janet Leigh ("Psycho") and their daugther is Jamie Lee Curtis. A quick check shows that he had 6 wives! Don't know how many affairs. I do recall him appearing on The Roe Conn show on a Chicago radio station and by this time he was in a wheel chair but he was still pretty active. I remember after he left the studio when the interview ended they laughed at how he was chasing the female traffic reporter around the studio in his wheel chair.
    Oops! Got my 1950’s Hollywood horndogs mixed up. My bad!

With John Singleton having a stroke at age 51 and Luke Perry dying from a stroke at age 52 back around the beginning of March, it seemed like quite a strange coincidence.
    Well, despite my low BP, the one thing these celebrity deaths are doing is making me paranoid!

I believe John Ritter and the character who played Whitey on Leave it to Beaver, also both died in their mid-50's.

Well, despite my low BP, the one thing these celebrity deaths are doing is making me paranoid!
    Without knowing what their health situations were like (did they have previous issues), you really shouldn’t worry. You’ll just drive yourself crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I believe John Ritter and the character who played Whitey on Leave it to Beaver, also both died in their mid-50's.
    Looks like John Ritter was 54 and died of a heart-related condition back in 2003.
    Stanley Fafara (Whitey) also died in 2003 at age 54, but he had previously had drug problems and was reported to have died as a result of complications following a hernia surgery.

I'm not aware of either of those two dying as a result of a stroke.

Looks like John Ritter was 54 and died of a heart-related condition back in 2003.
    Stanley Fafara (Whitey) also died in 2003 at age 54, but he had previously had drug problems and was reported to have died as a result of complications following a hernia surgery.

I'm not aware of either of those two dying as a result of a stroke.
    While I remembered both stars died at age 54 and in 2003, I couldn't remember the exact cause.

So while not deaths by stroke, 2 more early 50's deaths, which is far too young.