Page 96 of 243 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3635

Thread: In Memoriam

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Appreciation for his talent will only grow as bands attempt to cover Rush, as a tribute, and fail to even come close to the drumming parts.
    The admin manager of the building where I work plays a song at noon over the PA system every weekday. Yesterday, he played "Tom Sawyer" in honor of the passing of Neil Peart. That was cool.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Apparently Julie Strain is /not/ dead.

UPDATE: Malibu Bay Films, which reported on Monday that Julie Strain had passed away, is now saying that the former Heavy Metal model is still alive.
    "The information we received from a trusted source of the community on the status of [Malibu Bay Films] icon #julie strain was found to be FALSE!" the film company wrote on Instagram. "We deeply apologize for needlessly upsetting anyone as well as ourselves! We have asked THR for a retraction as well. Thank you and God Bless Julie & family."

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

UPDATE: Malibu Bay Films, which reported on Monday that Julie Strain had passed away, is now saying that the former Heavy Metal model is still alive.

"The information we received from a trusted source of the community on the status of [Malibu Bay Films] icon #julie strain was found to be FALSE!" the film company wrote on Instagram. "We deeply apologize for needlessly upsetting anyone as well as ourselves! We have asked THR for a retraction as well. Thank you and God Bless Julie & family."
    Well, what do you know.

One good thing and counting.

Just heard about that elsewhere and came here to add this to my previous post. It is both relieving and disturbing. Who would put this kind of false news out there that the company would trust enough to not double check on it?

I know she had health problems. I think late-stage dementia. It sucks considering she isn't that old.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The admin manager of the building where I work plays a song at noon over the PA system every weekday. Yesterday, he played "Tom Sawyer" in honor of the passing of Neil Peart. That was cool.
    Really awesome!

Geddy Lee had this to say:

"It is with broken hearts and the deepest sadness that we must share the terrible news that on Tuesday our friends, soul brother and band mate of over 45 years, Neil, has lost his incredibly brave three-and-a-half year battle with brain cancer (glioblastoma)," Lee wrote. "We ask that friends, fans, and media alike understandably respect the family's need for privacy and peace at this extremely painful and difficult time. Those wishing to express their condolences can choose a cancer research group or charity of their choice and make a donation in Neil's name."

Lee concluded the statement: "Rest in peace, my brother."

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClank View Post
    I know she had health problems. I think late-stage dementia. It sucks considering she isn't that old.
    Having had relatives with dementia like that - I can say beyond a doubt that she is already gone.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-14-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

RIP Christopher Tolkien

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    RIP Christopher Tolkien
    His editor work shaped my childhood.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Saddened to hear another Python has gone. Graham Chapman passed away back in 1989. Makes me feel old now remembering watching Monty Python's Flying Circus on the local PBS station. None of the networks would have carried them back then.

R.I.P to Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson, Mrs. Podgorny, Sir Bedevere, Mr. Creosote and all the characters he played over the years

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Robert Parker, who had been very popular on the "Northern Soul" scene in the UK, has passed away at 89. His big hit "Barefootin'" is included on many r&b compilations.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Saddened to hear another Python has gone. Graham Chapman passed away back in 1989. Makes me feel old now remembering watching Monty Python's Flying Circus on the local PBS station. None of the networks would have carried them back then.
    They appeared on ABC at night after Dick Cavett back in the mid-'70s, IM, but I believe they were edited for content. I never saw the show until 1977 on WNET (I even remember the episode - "Hamlet" was on it). Between them and Benny Hill, British TV seemed so weird compared to what was on in the US. Of course, I watched them every time I could.

R.I.P to Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson, Mrs. Podgorny, Sir Bedevere, Mr. Creosote and all the characters he played over the years
    Nobody could do a funnier old English lady like he could. Nobody.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I liked his work as a debate moderator., FWIW.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?