Page 72 of 243 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

George H.W. Bush just passed at age 94. RIP
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

houston is gonna miss him.

Astonishing Member

As I said in the politics thread, if nothing else Bush Sr. was better than Reagan.

RIP Ken Berry, a wonderful actor, dancer and singer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    RIP Ken Berry, a wonderful actor, dancer and singer.
    Here is some trivia for you-Mama's Family (Ken's show) during it's syndicated run including reruns-DOMINATED the late night ratings here in Dallas. It consistently beat David Letterman Late Night show and beat it badly. And seeing that the show aired for an hour at the same time as Johnny Carson/Leno-it beat them too.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    George H.W. Bush just passed at age 94. RIP
    As a child, George Herbert Walker Bush was the 1st president that I was self-aware at that time was the current President.

Putting all our ideals and personal politics we all have aside, I always considered myself luck as a young boy to know that the 1st man I knew as President was him and a gentleman.

My Prays go to him and his family, May he be with his Wife Barbara and be a peace with his Legacy as a Gentleman, A Veteran and The Beautiful Family he raised.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is some trivia for you-Mama's Family (Ken's show) during it's syndicated run including reruns-DOMINATED the late night ratings here in Dallas. It consistently beat David Letterman Late Night show and beat it badly. And seeing that the show aired for an hour at the same time as Johnny Carson/Leno-it beat them too.
    Thanks!

I always loved Ken--he always made me laugh. I never saw Mama's Family initially, but only in re-runs. It was hilarious! These days, I can watch it every night.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Reruns of F Troop back in the late '60s were where I first saw Ken Berry. IMO, he was at his best there.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    As a child, George Herbert Walker Bush was the 1st president that I was self-aware at that time was the current President.

Putting all our ideals and personal politics we all have aside, I always considered myself luck as a young boy to know that the 1st man I knew as President was him and a gentleman.
    I'll second that, although he was the sixth president that I lived under (LBJ was the first).

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'll second that, although he was the sixth president that I lived under (LBJ was the first).
    LBJ is the one I most remember, though I was born during JFK's term. I have a memory associated with JFK's funeral, but I'm not sure if that memory was from when it actually happened or if it was something I saw on TV within a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    LBJ is the one I most remember, though I was born during JFK's term. I have a memory associated with JFK's funeral, but I'm not sure if that memory was from when it actually happened or if it was something I saw on TV within a few years later.
    Nixon was the first one I remember, though I do recall Johnson's funeral in '73 (and Truman's death the year before).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Nixon was the first one I remember, though I do recall Johnson's funeral in '73 (and Truman's death the year before).
    Nixon was first for me as well, more for Watergate than anything he had done while in office.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Nixon was first for me as well, more for Watergate than anything he had done while in office.
    I remember the '72 election very well and also Nixon's talks with China and Russia (thanks In the News!). Before that, I don't have any recollections of anything political except for maybe George Washington and Abe Lincoln. That 1972 election was when I started getting interested in government (my grandfather also gave me a calendar with all of the presidents on the back of it, so that helped pique my interest).

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Me, too. When I was a kid, Papa Bush was also the first POTUS I had learned from the news was the current POTUS.

It was a grandiose and spectacular state funeral, full of pomp and grandeur, for a former democratically elected commander-in-chief
    Indeed Thanks, Those are good Post responses to mine that I enjoyed reading.

I was born in 1983, so Ronald Reagan was President when I was born, but I was too young to realize who the president or what a president was truly yet during those early ages. It was much later and thanks to TV appearances in cartoons I watch, the drug awareness special that George and Barbara appeared in and the events like the 1st Gulf War that made me realize who the President was and his role in the country I lived in.

It is IMO something special to behold your 1st Commander and Chief that you realized fits that role when you are still just a young kid, so I always felt a special respect for George HW Bush knowing he start my view of the World of Leaders of our Country from those points on and I feel luck I he was the man to start my view of Presidents.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!