Page 181 of 243 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3644

Thread: In Memoriam

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Sacheen Littlefeather, Activist Who Took the Stage to Decline Marlon Brando’s Oscar, Dies at 75

She also ended the media blackout of the Wounded Knee occupation, won an Emmy & co-founded the American Indian AIDS Institute of San Francisco.
    They should rename the Orange County airport after her.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They should rename the Orange County airport after her.
    Orange County Florida? New Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    There may be 21 counties in New Jersey, but none of them are named "Orange County".
    All of the Oranges I know of in New Jersey (East Orange, West Orange, South Orange, plain-old "Orange") are in Essex County.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There may be 21 counties in New Jersey, but none of them are named "Orange County".
    All of the Oranges I know of in New Jersey (East Orange, West Orange, South Orange, plain-old "Orange") are in Essex County.
    There's one in southern California too.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Yep, that's right where my mind went to--Orange County, California.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Orange County Airport in California is named after John Wayne. Probably to inside, sorry.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Orange County Airport in California is named after John Wayne. Probably to inside, sorry.
    Yes, but there are like 10 others that also serve Orange County, California...
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Well I can see my sparky little joke failed utterly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Too, but that would not be an appropriate name for that airport. Which should either be what it is, Orange County Airport, or just Eddie Martin Airport, (he was the local air pioneer who actually founded that airport).

Extraordinary Member

Well I can see my sparky little joke failed utterly.
    But now I have to know what the joke was!

But now I have to know what the joke was!
    It's about Wayne's reaction when she turned down the Oscar for Brando. You can Google it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's about Wayne's reaction when she turned down the Oscar for Brando. You can Google it.
    An ugly moment for the Oscars until the Will Smith/Chris Rock kerfluffle.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Oh, that. Yeah, but as I said, Eddy Martin Airport makes more sense. And it hasn't been John Wayne for quite a while. I suppose they named it after him because he lived a hop, skip, and a jump away. Lot of folks were upset at that when it happened, I'm told, as it was already named after Martin.

Oh, that. Yeah, but as I said, Eddy Martin Airport makes more sense. And it hasn't been John Wayne for quite a while. I suppose they named it after him because he lived a hop, skip, and a jump away. Lot of folks were upset at that when it happened, I'm told, as it was already named after Martin.
    Like I said, failed joke. But there is still a John Wayne Airport in Orange County

https://www.ocair.com/
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-03-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Like I said, failed joke. But there is still a John Wayne Airport in Orange County

https://www.ocair.com/
    No one calls it that anymore. Thinking about it, Han Solo Airport might be a good one. In honor of that time Harrison Ford nearly killed himself and everyone one the much larger commercial liner who was taking off on the runway he mistakenly was trying to land at. FAA, take his license before HE winds up in this thread.