Page 156 of 243 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

RIP Louie Anderson.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Paradise by the Dashboard Light will always be a favorite of mine. I wish his friends and family well and hope that more people will take Covid seriously.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    RIP Louie Anderson.
    Bad day to be a celeb.

I remember his Life With Louis on the Fox Kids on Satuday Mornings. it was one of my favorite cartoons. my dad and I still watch the Christmas Episode every year.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    RIP Louie Anderson.
    Rest In Peace, Louie.

It was great seeing him again in the movie Coming 2 America.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I didn't know until today, but I guess he auditioned for SNL and made it, but turned down the show because he got a record deal by then.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Meat Loaf also liked to hang out with the Ghost Hunters Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson. In fact probably his last filmed appearance will be in an episode of the relaunch on Discovery Plus in February.

I remember he went with them to a haunted residence on a private island and he was really into the investigative part of being a 'ghost hunter'.

Unfortunately, he was an anti-vax Trump supporter who said he would accept dying of COVID, which he did.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meat-loaf-dies-at-74

“Yeah, I know. But not me. If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled.”
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Unfortunately, he was an anti-vax Trump supporter who said he would accept dying of COVID, which he did.

Sad, and frustrating.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I remember him saying how sorry he felt for Greta Thunberg for believing in climate change. His music was great, he was not.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Golfer Bob Goalby, who won the 1968 Masters championship, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

For those of us who may not check the TV/Film sub-section, R.I.P. Dr. Johnny Fever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Actor Howard Hesseman, who is best known for playing Dr. Johnny Fever on WKRP in Cincinnat and Charlie Moore on Head Of The Class, has passed away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For those of us who may not check the TV/Film sub-section, R.I.P. Dr. Johnny Fever.
    Damn. He was screamingly funny in that one. I remember an episode where the police were giving him on air reaction tests as the gave him booze in one of those commercials aimed at kids to tell them not to drink and drive. The joke was.....he got better and faster as he got more drunk.

He also has the unfortunate distinction of having been in the most unfortunate movie of all time, "The Other Side Of Midnight". Let's just say that one had the worst release date in movie history and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    . . . He also has the unfortunate distinction of having been in the most unfortunate movie of all time, "The Other Side Of Midnight". Let's just say that one had the worst release date in movie history and leave it at that.
    I don't think the release date really was the nail in the coffin of that movie, though I'll admit I never saw it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't think the release date really was the nail in the coffin of that movie, though I'll admit I never saw it . . .
    It was not a good movie, based on a trash novel.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

It was not a good movie, based on a trash novel.
    True, but Fox thought it was going to be their salvation. Imagine their surprise. And I still think that being given the single worst opening date in movie history had to hurt.