Page 176 of 243 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3634

Thread: In Memoriam

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sad indeed. Admittedly, the only thing I had seen her in was the movie Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones from 1996.
    The only thing I recall is a movie with Harrison Ford, Six Days and Seven Nights but I had to look up her filmography to figure out if I had seen her in anything.

Sadly, she leaves behind 2 children. R.I.P.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-12-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Sad indeed. Admittedly, the only thing I had seen her in was the movie Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones from 1996.
    Anne Heche played Vicky Hudon and then also twin Marley Hudson on Another World.

Anne Heche was on the TV show Ally McBeal.

Anne also starred in Lifetime and Hallmark movies.

She will be missed.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

That was hilarious! I love how they burned up my old stomping grounds.

IMO it was funnier than the one with Bond and Sarah Connor.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

I think that was Dante’s Peak.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The mid 90's was when Hollywood doubled down on CGI and just started to go crazy.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Extraordinary Member

I think that was Dante’s Peak.
    Yup. I like them both, but the Tommy Lee Jones was better because it took down a mall I used to shop at, and an apartment building next to it. And...Keith David! He adds class and acting to anything he's in. And I love how it all started in the La Brea Tar Pits, which my mom took me too a lot when I was a kid. I loved the mammoths in the visible pit. What they didn't tell you was that the volcano must have destroyed the art museum next door, which would have been a tragedy, as they normally have a LOT of the Old Masters on exhibition. Not to mention the Page Museum.

Yup. I like them both, but the Tommy Lee Jones was better because it took down a mall I used to shop at, and an apartment building next to it. And...Keith David! He adds class and acting to anything he's in. And I love how it all started in the La Brea Tar Pits, which my mom took me too a lot when I was a kid. I loved the mammoths in the visible pit. What they didn't tell you was that the volcano must have destroyed the art museum next door, which would have been a tragedy, as they normally have a LOT of the Old Masters on exhibition. Not to mention the Page Museum.
    One of the attractions to the original Jumanji with Robin Williams was the outdoor shots being filmed in Keene, NH. My maternal Grandfather and Great Grandmother lived there before passing, and I can recognize the factory (long since converted into a mall by the time of shooting) from the movie, since my Great Grandmother lived only a block or two away from it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    One of the attractions to the original Jumanji with Robin Williams was the outdoor shots being filmed in Keene, NH. My maternal Grandfather and Great Grandmother lived there before passing, and I can recognize the factory (long since converted into a mall by the time of shooting) from the movie, since my Great Grandmother lived only a block or two away from it.
    I basically live on a film set like everyone else here, with many movies and TV being filmed locally. My favorite mall was used in Kindergarten Cop back in the day as Arnold shadows someone through it, right past some of my first workplaces. But Volcano was especially fun because it was even sillier than the Arnold movie.

I basically live on a film set like everyone else here, with many movies and TV being filmed locally. My favorite mall was used in Kindergarten Cop back in the day as Arnold shadows someone through it, right past some of my first workplaces. But Volcano was especially fun because it was even sillier than the Arnold movie.
    When you are from small town waaaay upstate NY, anyplace you are well familiar with being used in a film becomes a major thing. I suppose it is different when you live relatively close to the production companies.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

People gave Anne Heche such a hard time when we still thought Ellen was a good person. We probably did her wrong. RIP.

Morgan Taylor, who was a Grammy-nominated children's multimedia artist, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Heche has now died; they took her off life support late yesterday after her usable organs were harvested. Very sad. That has to be terribly hard on her kids, especially the younger boy.

College basketball coaching legend Pete Carril, famed for creating the "Princeton offense", has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Wolfgang Peterson, noted director, at 81.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

RIP Wolfgang Peterson, noted director, at 81.
    Out of all his many fine films, Das Boot is still the first one I think of (also the first movie I saw that he directed, too).

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?