Page 149 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3635

Thread: In Memoriam

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And don't forget Charlie's Angels which debuted on TV in 1976.
    I didn't really watch it until a few years later due to my bedtime curfew, but I had trading cards of the show, nevertheless.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I didn't really watch it until a few years later due to my bedtime curfew, but I had trading cards of the show, nevertheless.
    Yep, I had the trading cards at one time too.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Comedian Mort Sahl has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Comedian Mort Sahl has passed away.
    I was reading that link and this quote of his can be a great line even today. R.I.P. Mr. Sahl

“Liberals feel unworthy of their possessions. Conservatives feel they deserve everything they’ve stolen.”

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I loved watching Isis when I was a teenager. I thought Ms. Cameron was HAWT! May she soar higher than the sky.
    Yep, very hot. Also, there were nude pics floating around of her at the time, which I may or may not have seen in a discreetly looked at copy of a certain popular adult magazine.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-02-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Dean Stockwell. In my head canon, Al did indeed get Sam home. He was 85, at home, from natural causes.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...072854215.html
    Last edited by achilles; 11-09-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    RIP Dean Stockwell. In my head canon, Al did indeed get Sam home. He was 85, at home, from natural causes.
    The original Dr Yueh has been reunited with his wife...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

RIP to Peter Aykroyd, little brother of Dan. Condolences to Dan. SNL did a nice tribute to him last night. And he was in many of Dan's movies as well as a season on SNL.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Ted Herold, aka "The German Elvis" died in an apartment fire in Dortmund yesterday. He was 79 years old.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

RIP Stephen Sondheim... thank you for the music! =(
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

3 years ago, I planned a short trip to London around a night at the theater... The revival of Sondheim's "Company" with the legendary Patti Lupone in a supporting role. She sang "Ladies who Lunch" in it, one of my favorite Sondheim songs. Such a great talent, what an impressive life.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    3 years ago, I planned a short trip to London around a night at the theater... The revival of Sondheim's "Company" with the legendary Patti Lupone in a supporting role. She sang "Ladies who Lunch" in it, one of my favorite Sondheim songs. Such a great talent, what an impressive life.
    She is in it here in a revival on Broadway, which I have tickets for. They have switched the lead, Bobby, to a woman, which should be interesting. There was a very good revival of Follies in London before the pandemic, I saw it in a special live showing at a movie theater here, it was excellent. A show that was never a hit, but should have been. I also recently saw a production of Merrily We Go Along, another of his plays that was not a hit, mainly due to one of the few failures of Hal Prince as director. I have seen most of his plays. Some more than once. They are all remarkable pieces of theater. I think my favorite is Sunday in the Park with George.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-27-2021 at 07:11 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I love his work but unfortunately I've not seen any of the stage productions. I am going to have to work on that. I do have the Barbra Streisand Broadway Album and she does a few of his numbers on that like Children Will Listen and Putting it Together.

The closest thing I have to seeing one of his works is that I do have the DVD of Sweeney Todd with Angela Lansbury and George Hearn. I highly recommend that. I was going to pull that out on Halloween and watch that but I put it off. I think I will get to that soon. I have seen the movie production of Into the Woods with Meryl Streep, James Corden and Emily Blunt and Chris Pratt too. And of course the movie done of his first big work was doing the lyrics for Leonard Bernstein's for West Side Story. I have to see if Spielberg's version will be playing in my area.

RIP Mr Sondheim. I feel positive you would come up with a better line than that!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-27-2021 at 11:23 AM.