Page 195 of 243 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3644

Thread: In Memoriam

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    When a healthy 50 year old dies of a heart attack, it is probably genetics. When a 42 year old man who is a drug addict and 300 pounds, with a horrible diet....
    Elvis's mother Gladys died of a heart attack at age 46. However, a complicating factor was liver failure, which was attributed to excessive drinking. In addition to her heavy drinking, she suffered from the effects of taking diet pills.
    Elvis' father Vernon died of a heart attack at age 63, two years after Elvis's death. It was reported that he never got over his son's death and "died of a broken heart".
    Elvis's twin brother Jesse died when they were born. I have read some reports that he was stillborn and others that say he survived for a few hours. (Elvis was the younger twin, by a half hour.)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just heard that Gina Lollobrigida has passed away at 95:

https://news.yahoo.com/gina-lollobri...hssrp_catchall
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just heard that Gina Lollobrigida has passed away at 95:

https://news.yahoo.com/gina-lollobri...hssrp_catchall
    I think kids of my generation first "heard" of her as Gina Lollo Jupiter on The Jetsons, but the first movie I saw her in was Trapeze. Of the major Italian actresses, I would probably place her at #3 behind Sophia Loren and Claudia Cardinale for sexiest all-time.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Invincible Member

Comic Book artist Jason Pearson passed away. His family just released this statement

https://twitter.com/karma_thief/stat...90808772345864

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Comic Book artist Jason Pearson passed away. His family just released this statement

https://twitter.com/karma_thief/stat...90808772345864
    Rest in peace. I'm really sad to hear this news, I loved his run on Legion of Superheroes back in the day. It's a tragedy his life got cut short so early. An incredible artist.

Extraordinary Member

ROH and others wrestler Jay Briscoe died at age 38. No cause of death was given for the legendary tag team wrestler, with even WWE, where he never wrestled, giving him and his family some love.

Extraordinary Member

Bit of an update on the Briscoe thing; he died in a car accident, one of two people killed. No other details. Shame, I watched him perform many times, and he always seemed so indestructible, like they all do. Of course, they aren't; they just look like they are. I liked him, RIP.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I think kids of my generation first "heard" of her as Gina Lollo Jupiter on The Jetsons, but the first movie I saw her in was Trapeze. Of the major Italian actresses, I would probably place her at #3 behind Sophia Loren and Claudia Cardinale for sexiest all-time.

RIP
    There's a Looney Tunes cartoon with Sylvester and Tweety where they are in Venice. There was a sign on one of the bridges that said something like "Ducka U Head - Lolla Brigida".

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    There's a Looney Tunes cartoon with Sylvester and Tweety where they are in Venice. There was a sign on one of the bridges that said something like "Ducka U Head - Lolla Brigida".
    Heh. I remember that. Don't forget Lollobrickida on The Flintstones, which might be even more famou a cartoon reference than Gina Lollo Jupiter.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Ugh, Briscoe's two young daughters were both injured and underwent emergency surgery, one might not be able to walk again. The 27 year old woman driving the other car was killed too. It was a head on, when the woman drifted for unknown reasons into the opposite lane.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, don't know about this one, he may not be dead. But it doesn't look good, and so far, it's a local story. British actor Julian Sands is missing on a hike on Mt. Baldy, a bit south and east of Los Angeles. I don't know why he was dumb enough to go there, (its locally know as a death-trap, especially in winter, especially after a storm. So far this year, two people have already died on it. Avalanches, snow overhangs over huge falls, sudden drops, and of course the weather). Anyhow, you've seen him, and will recognize him---he's been in a lot of movies, some big ones.

He's been missing for 5 days. On Baldy, in the winter, in one of the most dangerous parts of the mountain, in winter storms...even if he didn't fall, I don't see him surviving. Pity, I remember his acting. Looked a bit like Sting in his younger years.
    Last edited by achilles; 01-18-2023 at 09:59 PM.

Invincible Member

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That’s a bummer.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

A great musician and by all accounts a very sweet guy. He was also the biological father of Melissa Etheridge's son, who tragically died young.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    A great musician and by all accounts a very sweet guy. He was also the biological father of Melissa Etheridge's son, who tragically died young.
    Evidently, he had this thing where he'd listen to fans' songs and critique them. Well, he would if he thought they were good. If he thought they were terrible, he simply wouldn't say anything. Imagine that you're a musician wannabe and fan of his, and he actually praises your song! Imagine how great you'd feel. RIP to him.