Page 177 of 243 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Out of all his many fine films, Das Boot is still the first one I think of (also the first movie I saw that he directed, too).

RIP
    The sub from Das Boot also starred in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Now I wonder what happened to it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It's been quite a while since I've seen Das Boot. I'll have to watch that again. The one I've seen most recently is Air Force One. That pops up on cable pretty often. Line of Fire is another good one.

Here's some interesting trivia I saw on IMDB. He was going to direct a Batman vs Superman film in 2001 starring Colin Farrell as Batman and Jude Law as Superman but I guess it never got off the ground. BTW why is it that DC wants to make a movies about those 2 fighting each other? I hated the most recent one. So negative.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tom-...the-age-of-81/

We lost the great inker and artist Tom Palmer today. He was 81. I remember him mostly for his amazing inks on Tomb of Dracula with Gene Colan, but he did so many more books at Marvel that I recall fondly to this day, particularly his Avengers run inking John Buscema.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

We lost the great inker and artist Tom Palmer today. He was 81. I remember him mostly for his amazing inks on Tomb of Dracula with Gene Colan, but he did so many more books at Marvel that I recall fondly to this day, particularly his Avengers run inking John Buscema.

So sad! Those Dracula books were the bomb.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Absolutely one of the greatest inkers ever. Made everyone he inked look great.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Mr. Palmer's partnership with Gene Colan was legendary.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

]
    I agree. I loved his inking John Buscema's pencils on the Avengers comic book.

RIP, Tom Palmer

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So sad! Those Dracula books were the bomb.
    They were indeed. Of all of the horror comics of that time (and I loved them all), TTOD was my favorite. Tom Palmer was a big reason why, too.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Oh man, we're losing a lot of the greats this year. He made every comic he did so much better. He was always the best inker for guys like Gene Colan who work a lot with shadows. One of my favorite stories Colan and Palmer did was in Astonishing Tales #8 (1970)

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-20-2022 at 12:20 PM.

another page....

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I agree. I loved his inking John Buscema's pencils on the Avengers comic book.

RIP, Tom Palmer
    yes, the Under Siege arc in the Avengers is a great example of his work.

That second stint on Avengers was more than inking. Buscema a did the layouts with Palmer doing final pencils and inks. Really exceptional art. All that machinery is Palmer.

Last edited by Kirby101; 08-20-2022 at 02:25 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yes, on the credits on that page I posted it says Buscema did breakowns, Palmer is credited with the finished art.

Extraordinary Member

RIP to boxer Tyson Fury's cousin, Rico Burton, stabbed to death in Manchester. He was 31. Tyson...is furious, as you might expect.

Golfer Tom Weiskopf, who won 16 times on the PGA Tour and went on to be a noted broadcaster, has passed away.

Former L.A. and San Diego news anchorman Michael Tuck has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.