Page 165 of 243 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

George Pérez, legendary comic book creator, dies at 67

https://www.gamesradar.com/george-perez-dies/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

He was an utter legend and seems to be such a genuine and kind person on top of that. I'm glad he at least passed away peacefully.

RIP George Perez.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

He was among the best and will never be forgotten. Rest In Peace.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Aw man. Nobody will ever be as important as Neal and George were to the art of superhero comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Aw man. Nobody will ever be as important as Neal and George were to the art of superhero comics.
    A terrible week or so for comic book fans; with two of the giants passing away. RIP to them both.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    A terrible week or so for comic book fans; with two of the giants passing away. RIP to them both.
    Came in here to say this. Adams pretty much was the peak of 70's era DC for me and Perez was the king in the 80's. Comics as a whole wouldn't be what they are without some of the big leaps they made back then.

RIP to a Titan of the industry.

Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Really rough weeks for comics fans. I am really bummed out by both passing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

RIP to one of my favorite actors, Fred Ward, at 79. Star of "Remo Williams...", co-star of "Tremors" and sequels, of "The Right Stuff", "Escape From Alcatraz", and many more. Check out "Remo Williams..." BTW if you haven't, it's a very underrated midish 80s action movie with comic book style elements and some of the best stunt work outside of Bond movies you'll ever see, based on "The Destroyer" series of novels.

Also, "Cast A Deadly Spell", a fun noir Lovecraftian style magic moviel
    Last edited by achilles; 05-13-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    RIP to one of my favorite actors, Fred Ward, at 79. Star of "Remo Williams...", co-star of "Tremors" and sequels, of "The Right Stuff", "Escape From Alcatraz", and many more. Check out "Remo Williams..." BTW if you haven't, it's a very underrated midish 80s action movie with comic book style elements and some of the best stunt work outside of Bond movies you'll ever see, based on "The Destroyer" series of novels.

Also, "Cast A Deadly Spell", a fun noir Lovecraftian style magic moviel
    I was a big fan of the Destroyer novels when the movie came out. While it was a flop (Joel Grey in heavy Oreintal makeup as Chuin was ridiculous), I thought Mr. Ward did great as Remo, but, he was awesome in Tremors. Methinks I’ll watch it tonight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I perfectly remember “Remo Williams”… I think its biggest flaw was its lack of originality but it was a very funny movie with a very sympathetic Remo. Rip, Mr Ward.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Rosemarie Trapp, one of the last surviving members of the Von Trapp family made famous from The Sound Of Music movie, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I just heard that Vangelis (Evángelos Odysséas Papathanassíou) died… I liked so much his “Chariots de Feu”:

But he created so many wonderful musics for cinema…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

RIP Vangelis. Love that music so much. And the video from Chariots de feu - always cracks me up when Eric Liddell runs that race wearing slacks and suspenders.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I just heard that Vangelis (Evángelos Odysséas Papathanassíou) died… I liked so much his “Chariots de Feu”:

But he created so many wonderful musics for cinema…
    The original Blade Runner for example. It was as stunning as the visuals in that movie. RIP to him.