Page 141 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

Extraordinary Member

Terrible news for WKRP in Cincinnati fans, the great Frank Bonner has died at 79. RIP Herb.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...rc=fp_deeplink

Bidens announce their beloved German Shepherd Champ has died

Anyone here who doesn't feel sad when someone's dog or cat dies, doesn't have a heart.

In recent months, Champ's health had declined, due in large part to his advanced age.

The German Shepherd was a month old when Biden picked him out of a litter from a breeder in Spring City, Pennsylvania. The acquiring of Champ was a promise kept by Jill Biden, who said her husband could get a dog if he and Barack Obama won the presidential election.

During the holidays in 2008, the Biden grandchildren helped to name the new puppy Champ, an homage to the nickname Joe Biden's father called his son, according to Biden's press secretary at the time.

Biden has had a long relationship with the breed, saying in an interview shortly after getting Champ, "I've had German Shepherds since I was a kid."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Bidens announce their beloved German Shepherd Champ has died

Anyone here who doesn't feel sad when someone's dog or cat dies, doesn't have a heart.
    Awww, how sad. Dogs, as well as cats aren't just pets, they're part of the family, so it's a tough loss.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mike Gravel, former US Senator for Alaska and major anti-war and anti-imperialism advocate, and most recently founder of the Gravel Institute. Gravel passed away at age 91.

Donald Rumsfeld has died.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Rumsfeld dies shortly after Mike Gravel. There's some cosmic balance **** going on here.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Philece Sampler has died.

A soap opera actress, Sampler would also be known for numerous live action roles and also for her voice, as she is best known to many as the voice of Mimi Tachikawa in the English dub of Digimon.

Extraordinary Member

RIP to one of the greats, one that every comic book fan should love, Richard Donner, director of Superman, (and really much of Superman 2), The Goonies, and Lethal Weapon has died at 91.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193107966.html

Extraordinary Member

RIP ex head football coach Terry Donahue, at 77.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    RIP to one of the greats, one that every comic book fan should love, Richard Donner, director of Superman, (and really much of Superman 2), The Goonies, and Lethal Weapon has died at 91.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193107966.html
    Still the only Superman movies I will watch are the first two. Currently I don't think DC knows what to do with Superman. I had enough when he got physically abused by Batman. It's no wonder that Marvel movies have it all over DC's

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Rest In Peace Coach Donahue.

UCLA-remembers-Terry-Donahue.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Still the only Superman movies I will watch are the first two. Currently I don't think DC knows what to do with Superman. I had enough when he got physically abused by Batman. It's no wonder that Marvel movies have it all over DC's
    And you are right in doing so; they are by far the best ones.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    RIP William Smith.
    This guy was all over the place back in the '70s and '80s on TV and movies as a heavy, but I probably saw him for the first time (albeit in a much more youthful form) in The Ghost of Frankenstein. For those not familiar with him, he knew how to project an intimidating presence, even in his pre-'70s efforts where he played many more good-guy roles.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Was just looking over his IMDB page because you mentioned he was in Ghost of Frankenstein. I didn't realize he was a child actor. He was a direct descendant of Daniel Boone and Kit Carson.

I do recall him from the mini series Rich Man, Poor Man and a western series my father used to watch called Laredo. Also from his IMDB page, the man was an excellent athlete and bodybuilder. He studied Kung Fu and was asked by Bruce Lee to be in Enter the Dragon but Smith had a scheduling conflict and John Saxon took his place.