Page 111 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3643

Thread: In Memoriam

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    That was my first full Mets season too! I have to admit I became a Mets fan after I saw a picture of Jim Fregosi on a Mets poster, he was gorgeous back then! Of course in the succeeding years my father never let me forget that the Mets traded away Ryan for "Frig" (who was injured for much of the '73 season and didn't play much that year IIRC).

RIP Tom Seaver. One of the greats.
    IIRC, you're about my age, so were crushing on Fregosi pretty young there. Seriously, he was probably the best shortstop of the '60s (including Maury Wills). Had he not been injured, he would be in the HOF by now, so trading Fregosi for Ryan isn't as weird as it seems today.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Hall of Fame baseball player Lou Brock passed away today at the age of 81.
    Before Rickey Henderson took over when I was in high school, he was the greatest base stealer I had ever seen. Though the latter wasn't nearly as good an offensive player as the Man of Steal was and I'm not as enthusiastic a fan of his induction into the HOF I once was, but there is no denying he was an exciting player to watch.

RIP

Actor of stage and screen and former Army soldier Kevin Dobson of Knots Landing, Days of Our Lives, Kojak and many other TV series of the 60's, 70's and 80's, died Sunday at the age of 77.

I was a big fan and sad to hear this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Actor of stage and screen and former Army soldier Kevin Dobson of Knots Landing, Days of Our Lives, Kojak and many other TV series of the 60's, 70's and 80's, died Sunday at the age of 77.

RIP, Mr Dobson…

Last edited by Zelena; 09-08-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Crocker!

I was a fan, too. Loved him on Kojak, which still stands up today as one of the greatest crime shows ever.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Crocker!

I was a fan, too. Loved him on Kojak, which still stands up today as one of the greatest crime shows ever.

RIP
    Exactly true. Kojak is sooo good. "Who loves ya, baby?"

2020 is such a baddddd year.

Extraordinary Member

Crocker!

RIP
    No argument from me about that, it was a great show.

Extraordinary Member

2020 has now taken Mrs. Peel. RIP to Dame Diana Rigg, at 82.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54106509

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    2020 has now taken Mrs. Peel. RIP to Dame Diana Rigg, at 82.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54106509
    Shit! Well, that blows!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Oh no! I wanted to be Mrs. Peel....she was my idol! She was one of my Dad's favorites too.

Comic book related: One episode of the Avengers was about the Hellfire Club and they made her their Queen of Sin. The episode was called a Touch of Brimstone. This inspired both a young Chris Claremont and John Byrne to turn Jean Grey into the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club in their X-Men series Emma Frost's costume resembles the look also. This Avengers episode was banned in the U.S but that is no longer the case because I did see it on one of the cable channel like Decades or something like that. You can find it on YouTube too.

She never really broke big in films. She was in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" IMO she is just a "Bond Girl" although they are very iconic in Great Britain. I do recall she played the villainous Mrs Danvers in a version of "Rebecca" I saw years ago but I've not seen it anywhere since. I was just checking her IMDB and I see she had just finished an as yet unreleased TV version of "Black Narcissus", one of my favorite Deborah Kerr films. I will have to check that out. I did like her has the murder victim in the adaptation of the Hercule Poirot murder mystery "Evil Under the Sun".

Emma Peel's parting from the Avengers

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-10-2020 at 11:18 AM.

She was not just another Bond girl. She was Tracy Bond. The only woman James Bond ever married.

Her costumes on The Avengers were influences on The Hellfire Club, and Kate Bishop's Hawkeye.

The Queen of Thorns on Game of Thrones, as well.

RIP, Mrs. Peel.
    Last edited by Joker; 09-10-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    She was not just another Bond girl. She was Tracy Bond. The only woman James Bond ever married.

Her costumes on The Avengers were influences on The Hellfire Club, and Kate Bishop's Hawkeye.

The Queen of Thorns on Game of Thrones, as well.

RIP, Mrs. Peel.
    As a woman, that role had very little meaning to me. She still was pretty much The Girl. I guess after seeing her in the Avengers where she saved Steed probably more than he saved her from the baddies, I found the movie disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh no! I wanted to be Mrs. Peel....she was my idol! She was one of my Dad's favorites too.
    She was one of my father's favorites, too, and one of mine when I was older. I can even recall seeing her on The Avengers on ABC when I was still in my crib, though her hotness eluded me at that point.

RIP

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

She was one of my father's favorites, too, and one of mine when I was older. I can even recall seeing her on The Avengers on ABC when I was still in my crib, though her hotness eluded me at that point.

RIP
    I watched the show in reruns during my teens and thought she was awesome! She will be missed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!