Page 115 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Lost in the passing of Eddie Van Halen was the death of Johnny Nash:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...80/5904202002/
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by hiromi View Post
    great pic!!!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Eddie Van Halen, along with Queen's Brian May, were/are my guitar heroes. RIP Eddie.

Brian had a stent put in earlier this year. I hope he hangs on until he's 100.
    The loss to science will be as great as the loss to music when Brian May eventually passes on.
    Dark does not mean deep.

2020 get fucked!

We lost Neil Peart & EVH in the same year. Arguably some of the greatest musicians for me. Well, we still have Bowie...

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    2020 get fucked!

We lost Neil Peart & EVH in the same year. Arguably some of the greatest musicians for me. Well, we still have Bowie...
    "We still have Bowie..."? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that's a joke of some kind.

Be at peace Eddie Van Halen. You were amazing.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The loss to science will be as great as the loss to music when Brian May eventually passes on.
    True enough. He's been working with NASA recently on the New Horizons probe

Retired

An odd thing that Helen Reddy and Mac Davis died so close together in time. In the 1970s I was a big Helen Reddy fan and a so-so Mac Davis fan. She had a short-lived variety show on T.V. and I remember that Mac Davis was supposedly a male-chauvinist and squared off against her. Since then I can't think of Mac Davis without thinking of Helen Reddy and I can't think of Helen Reddy without thinking of Mac Davis.

I don't know if Eddie Valen had any kind of film and T.V. appearances of note, but he was the ex-husband of Valerie Bertinelli--another big star from the 1970s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't know if Eddie Valen had any kind of film and T.V. appearances of note, but he was the ex-husband of Valerie Bertinelli--another big star from the 1970s.
    Yes, someone posted his death on here yesterday but I guess it was removed. We really need a 'Music' section on this site. I could talk about music and musicians all day.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Yes, someone posted his death on here yesterday but I guess it was removed. We really need a 'Music' section on this site. I could talk about music and musicians all day.
    Weird they would remove it too since there's nowhere else here to talk about it. Also if you need a reason Van Halens music has probaly been used in countless movies and TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Weird they would remove it too since there's nowhere else here to talk about it. Also if you need a reason Van Halens music has probaly been used in countless movies and TV shows.
    He has appeared as himself a few times in some shows, was a caller on "Frasier", and apparently was a "guiding light" for Bill & Ted, or at least Bill, according to Alex Winter himself. Also the "Darth Vader" scene in the first "Back to the Future" he wrote and composed that music in the headphones himself just for the movie. This thread has honored composers for movies/shows who have passed, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The very first time Van Halen's music appeared on TV was an episode of WKRP In Cincinnati. According to an article on the MeTV.com website, the show played "Atomic Punk".
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

On the "Television..." end -

Eddie was involved in this...

Since Brian May came up, it's worth noting that he got Ed involved in this -

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Well, there are I think half a dozen threads about different music genres here on the community board already. Some are more active than others though.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, there are I think half a dozen threads about different music genres here on the community board already. Some are more active than others though.
    EDIT: I guess this got moved, so never mind.
    Last edited by Joker; 10-07-2020 at 09:03 PM.