Page 126 of 243 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3635

Thread: In Memoriam

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

legendary tetris grand master and multi-CTWC jonas neubauer has passed. he was only 39.

Seems like Julie Strain might have passed.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seems like Julie Strain might have passed.
    Almost exactly a year ago, it was reported that she had died, but it turned out not to be true (see this thread at post #1427 here). This time (according to Wikipedia, at least, so who really knows?) the reports are supposedly accurate. She had been suffering from dementia for years (even though she was only 58) and had been in hospice care at her home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The source name was censored by the system.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    81. Wow! Didn’t know he was that old!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Country Singer Ed Bruce died a few days ago.
    I knew best as James Garner's Co-Star in BRET MAVERICK and he also sang the theme song.

https://www.soundslikenashville.com/...81-songwriter/

Look, I know he was SUPER controversial, but I loved his productions. Phil Spector died of natural causes:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/enter...ath/index.html

He was 81.

Actor Peter Mark Richman died on January 14, 2021. He was 93.

Mr Richman appeared in over 30 films and over 130 television series from 1950's until his retirement in 2011.

Two of his most famous roles are as Lawyer Andrew Laird in Dynasty and as Reverend Snow---father of Chrissy Snow in Three's Company.

He will be missed!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Look, I know he was SUPER controversial, but I loved his productions. Phil Spector died of natural causes:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/enter...ath/index.html

He was 81.
    EDIT: I read it was Covid. It wasn't, apparently.

Anyway, it will be impossible to ignore Spector as a revolutionary producer, but let's not downplay who he was as a person by calling him merely "controversial".

He was a serial abuser. He abused women his entire life. He abused his adopted children. He finally murdered a woman, and in 2003 was convicted of murder and died in jail for it. Good riddance. **** him.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

He traumatized Darlene Love so much she completely dropped out of the business, and because he had never paid her her fair share (sometimes putting names of other singers on her recordings) she had to go clean houses. One December, she was cleaning a bathroom for some rich family and "Christmas, Baby Please Come Home" came on the radio.
    She basically dropped her rag, decided that the world deserved to share in her gifts, moved from LA to New York and started rebuilding her career, which included the title track to Home Alone 2 (they had asked her to re-record "Baby Please Come Home" but she did not want to make another cent for Spector, so the E-Street Band wrote a new song for her), successful stints on Broadway, and 2 decades of singing on Letterman for Christmas. She survived Phil Spector.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ronnie outlived him.

Spector was an awful, awful man.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    EDIT: I read it was Covid. It wasn't, apparently.

Anyway, it will be impossible to ignore Spector as a revolutionary producer, but let's not downplay who he was as a person by calling him merely "controversial".

He was a serial abuser. He abused women his entire life. He abused his adopted children. He finally murdered a woman, and in 2003 was convicted of murder and died in jail for it. Good riddance. **** him.
    Yeah, controversial was a poor choice of words. I guess my love of the Righteous Brothers overruled my common sense!