Page 134 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3640

Thread: In Memoriam

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    News anchor and reporter Roger Mudd has passed away.
    Saw that on the CBS Evening News last night.

He was a great example of how TV news anchors use to conduct themselves in the days when news reporters generally tried to be "fair" and not as blatantly partisan as some (especially on cable networks) have become these days.

R.I.P. Roger.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Saw that on the CBS Evening News last night.

He was a great example of how TV news anchors use to conduct themselves in the days when news reporters generally tried to be "fair" and not as blatantly partisan as some (especially on cable networks) have become these days.

R.I.P. Roger.
    Those days are gone and won't be coming back, IMO. The media is like it was in the early 19th century when both sides were rabidly partisan. It isn't the way I grew up with in the '70s, but as long as I can get every side possible under the sun (which I can), then so be it.

As for Roger Mudd, I loved him on The History Channel... when they used to air, you know, history.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Watching college hoops tonight and saw on the bottom scroll that boxing champ Marvin Hagler passed away today at 66.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Watching college hoops tonight and saw on the bottom scroll that boxing champ Marvin Hagler passed away today at 66.
    Marvelous Marv. The fight with Leonard was epic.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

That was a great fight. Really could have gone either way in scoring, though I think at the time Leonard was the sentimental favorite. RIP Marvin Hagler.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Marvelous Marvin Hagler was my favorite boxer. I missed the primes of so many of the great fighters. But I saw Hagler's and loved his style. I still think he got screwed in the Leonard fight.

I love that the first round of his fight with Thomas Hearns is actually thought of by boxing experts as the greatest FIGHT in boxing history (read that in a tribute article). I didn't see that particular fight but I went and found it on Youtube when I saw that he died. Brutal fight for the 8 minutes it lasted. I read about the fight and the best quote about it came from Hagler himself. When asked if he could still see because of the blood coming down his face from a cut on his head, he responded with, "I'm not missing him, am I?".
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just heard that Yaphet Kotto, Parker from Alien passed away at 81.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

RIP to Sabine Schmitz, former race car driver, Top Gear presenter, a lady who famously schooled both Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond on the Nurburgring. She went round that ring more often than any other person in history. She was 51, and died of cancer. Hope she's tearing it up on the Nurburgring in Heaven. She was the only woman to win the Nurburgring 24 hours race.

Cross posted to the car thread.
    Last edited by achilles; 03-17-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Boston Marathon legend Dick Hoyt has passed away.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

RIP to Laker legend Elgin Baylor at 86 of "natural causes".

Extraordinary Member

RIP to George Segal, Oscar nominated actor from The Goldbergs and too many great movies and TV projects to fully list. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...002742874.html

One movie in particular of his I loved; one of the best suspense movies ever made, a brilliant cat and mouse game between Segal's Harry Caulder, an amusement park ride inspector, and Timothy Bottom's Young Man, a brilliant bomber blackmailing amusement parks by threatening to bomb the title rides in the 1976 thriller Rollercoaster, which culminates in one of the best final acts I've ever seen. Featuring Helen Hunt as a little kid in what I think was her first movie roll, alongside Henry Fonda and Richard Widmark. He was chainsmoking, (and trying to stop with aversion therapy), brilliance, in as I said, one of those mid to late 70s brilliant small movie thrillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Boston Marathon legend Dick Hoyt has passed away.
    Dick Hoyt's love for his son and his accomplishments are truly legendary. May parents all develop and grow to be more like him.

French Olympic snowboard Julie Pomagalski has passed away.

R.I.P. actress Jessica Walters.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/enter...bit/index.html

She was in so many shows and movies, there are way too many to list. Among her most recent work was the TV show "Arrested Development".

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    R.I.P. actress Jessica Walters.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/enter...bit/index.html

She was in so many shows and movies, there are way too many to list. Among her most recent work was the TV show "Arrested Development".
    She was also Morgan LeFay in the 1978 Dr. Strange TV movie!