Page 135 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

Oh no!

I loved Jessica Walter. She was so versatile in her acting. Every character felt different. She looked great with short and longer hair.

R.I.P. you will be missed.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

rip, she was great as mallory archer

Jessica Walter also starred in the first movie Clint Eastwood directed: Play Misty for Me back in 1971. (For those not familiar with it, Eastwood played the part of a late-night radio disc jockey and Jessica Walter was a listener who always called in a request for the song "Misty". Walter's character then became a bit . . . dangerous. )

Author Beverly Clearly dies at 104

Cleary was born April 12, 1916 in McMinnville, Oregon. She died Thursday in northern California.

After first training as a librarian, Cleary became an author and wrote scores of children's books that were translated into over a dozen languages, popularizing characters like Ramona Quimby and Henry Huggins.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Author Larry McMurtry, who won a Pulitzer Prize for the book Lonesome Dove (which was later turned into a fantastic TV miniseries) and an Academy Award for co-writing the Brokeback Mountain adapted screenplay among his numerous literary credits, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I distinctly remember reading the first Henry Huggins book when I was a kid.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Football coach Howard Schnellenberger, who rebuilt programs at Louisville and Miami (leading the Hurricanes to their first ever national championship), built the Florida Atlantic program from scratch and was an assistant coach for a number of years with the Miami Dolphins (including their 17-0 perfect season), has passed away.

Here's a name from the past: G. Gordon Liddy has died.
    G. Gordon Liddy, Watergate mastermind, has died at age 90
    MARCH 31, 2021 / 7:28 AM / AP

G. Gordon Liddy, a mastermind of the Watergate burglary who became a radio talk show host after emerging from prison, died Tuesday at age 90. His son, Thomas Liddy, confirmed the death but did not reveal the cause, other than to say it was not related to COVID-19.

Liddy, a former FBI agent and Army veteran, was convicted of conspiracy, burglary and illegal wiretapping for his role in the Watergate burglary, which led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon. He spent four years and four months in prison, including more than 100 days in solitary confinement.

"I'd do it again for my president," he said years later.

Liddy was outspoken and controversial as a political operative under Nixon. He recommended assassinating political enemies, bombing a left-leaning think tank and kidnapping war protesters. His White House colleagues ignored such suggestions.
    You can read the rest here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/g-gordo...te-mastermind/

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Here's a name from the past: G. Gordon Liddy has died.
    You can read the rest here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/g-gordo...te-mastermind/
    He should have died 40 years ago in prison.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

LONESOME DOVE one of my All-Time Favorites Books and an excellent TV mini-series.
    To Honor the Passing of McMurtry, the theme from Lonesome Dove by Basil Poledouris.

Tributes Paid to CNN, MSNBC Legal Analyst Midwin Charles, Who Is Dead at 47

Friends and colleagues have shared tributes on social media to Midwin Charles following her death at the age of 47. Charles was a defense attorney best known as a legal analyst for CNN and MSNBC, though she contributed to a wide variety of media, including Essence magazine.

Charles' family announced her passing on her Twitter account on Tuesday. No cause of death has yet been revealed. Those who knew and admired Charles have shared their thoughts.

"She was known to many as a legal commentator on television, but to us she was a devoted daughter, sister, aunt, niece and cousin. Our lives are forever changed and we will miss her for a lifetime," the family said.
    Last night someone tweeted that they heard her say she wasn't feeling well, but that there was no other indication that something was seriously wrong. This feels to have been very sudden, and only 47. RIP.

Astonishing Member

Frank Jacobs, a prolific and much admired writer for Mad magazine, died Monday at age 92. He racked up more than 575 credits in over 300 issues of Mad between 1957 and 2014, which is more credits than any other writer and second only to writer / artist Al Jaffee overall. "Weird Al" Yankovich credits Jacobs with inspiring him in the art of song parody, as he noted in an interview with the Washington Post.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Prince Philip passed away at 99. A cause of death was not given.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Prince Philip passed away at 99. A cause of death was not given.

Just got an alert about that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!