Page 14 of 243 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Actress Janet Waldo has passed away at 96. Waldo was most famous as the voice of Judy Jetson. She also voiced Penelope Pitstop in Wacky Races and The Perils of Penelope Pitstop, Morticia Addams, in the H-B Addams Family cartoons, and Princess, in Battle of the Planets. She began her career in radio and also appeared in several classic tv shows, including an episode of I Love Lucy (which also featured fellow radio star Richard Crenna) and the Andy Griffith Show. She was the last surviving cast member of The Jetsons.
    How sad. I grew up with shows like The Jetsons and Wacky Races. R.I.P. to Ms. Waldo.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Waldo also did quite a bit of radio work.
    Her best know series was "Meet Corliss Archer", Janet played the title character.
    She also perform on: The Great Gildersleeve, Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet, Lux Radio Theater, The Railroad Hour, Phil Harris-Alice Faye Show, among many other radio shows.

Rest In Peace!

Ann Morgan Guibert, who played Millie Helper, Rob and Laura Petrie's friend and neighbor, on the Dick Van Dyke Show has passed away. She was also Sophia Loren's mother in Grumpier Old men (even though she was only 6 years older) and Fran Drescher's Grandma Yetta, on The Nanny. She was a terrific actress and could have easily headlined her own show, had anyone in Hollywood the brains to see beyond "movie star looks."

BANNED

P.M. Dawn rapper Prince Be dies at 46

His stepdad was a founding member of Kool and the Gang, and Prince Be was a great songwriter and producers long after his brief pop chart career faded.

RIP Prince Be.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    P.M. Dawn rapper Prince Be dies at 46

His stepdad was a founding member of Kool and the Gang, and Prince Be was a great songwriter and producers long after his brief pop chart career faded.

RIP Prince Be.
    Aaah, PM Dawn.

RIP Prince Be.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Just saw this on Comicbook com. Very sad to see such a young talented person taken before their time. He was a great Chekov. My heart goes out to his family, its a horrible thing to lose a child.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

He was awesome. Way too young.
    Sounds like a freak accident, it seems. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Just heard about it. Damn! How tragic. My sympathies to his family.

Bernie Worrell passed away at the age of 72 on June 24th..

Another musical genius that will be missed so much. He was the Jack Kirby of the keyboard...

Just got an alert on my phone saying legendary women's basketball coach Pat Summitt passed away this morning at 64. She had been fighting early onset dementia since 2011.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-28-2016 at 03:52 AM.

BANNED

2016 sucks...

Bud Spencer died yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert on my phone saying legendary women's basketball coach Pat Summitt passed away this morning at 64. She had been fighting early onset dementia since 2011.
    Pat Summitt, legendary Tennessee basketball coach, dies at 64

I've seen the effects of Dementia up close, and it's horribly tragic wasting disease. Especially so for someone as relatively young as she was. I feel for her family, RIP.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Buddy Ryan passed away this morning. He was 82.

Obama leads tributes to Elie Wiesel

News of the death of Elie Wiesel on Saturday reverberating among those who were touched by the life and words of the Holocaust survivor and Nobel Prize laureate.

In a statement released by the White House, President Barack Obama called Wiesel “one of the great moral voices of our time, and in many ways, the conscience of the world.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.