Page 157 of 243 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3643

Thread: In Memoriam

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Damn. He was screamingly funny in that one. I remember an episode where the police were giving him on air reaction tests as the gave him booze in one of those commercials aimed at kids to tell them not to drink and drive. The joke was.....he got better and faster as he got more drunk.

He also has the unfortunate distinction of having been in the most unfortunate movie of all time, "The Other Side Of Midnight". Let's just say that one had the worst release date in movie history and leave it at that.
    Had to google that film, and yeah, the timing WAS plenty bad.

RIP to the good Doctor!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It was not a good movie, based on a trash novel.
    So true. Nevertheless, every teenage boy of my age 40-something years ago saw it numerous times for one reason or another.

RIP Howard Hesseman
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    So true. Nevertheless, every teenage boy of my age 40-something years ago saw it numerous times for one reason or another.

RIP Howard Hesseman
    Yes, I remember my older brother telling me how he ditched school to go see....um...."The Other Side Of Midnight". Many times, apparently. Must have been a riveting movie...

Yes, I remember my older brother telling me how he ditched school to go see....um...."The Other Side Of Midnight". Many times, apparently. Must have been a riveting movie...
    Don't even get me started regarding Porky's.

BTW, I should say that I saw The Other Side of Midnight on cable only, since I was only 12 in 1977.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Don't even get me started regarding Porky's.

BTW, I should say that I saw The Other Side of Midnight on cable only, since I was only 12 in 1977.
    I've never seen it, just read about it. The unspoken other movie however, yeah, now THAT I've seen, many times. I like to think Hesseman sort of liked being a trivia answer.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

True, but Fox thought it was going to be their salvation. Imagine their surprise. And I still think that being given the single worst opening date in movie history had to hurt.
    Funny thing is that Fox feared that Star Wars was going to be a flop and that The Other Side of Midnight was going to be a big hit. So the only way a theater would get a print of The Other Side of Midnight was to also book Star Wars.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-08-2022 at 03:05 PM.

I've never seen it, just read about it. The unspoken other movie however, yeah, now THAT I've seen, many times. I like to think Hesseman sort of liked being a trivia answer.
    I believe that other movie is the only movie I saw in 1977 at a theater (actually a drive-in).

Extraordinary Member

RIP to Bob Wall at 82. You may not know his name, but you've seen him if you're a fan of Bruce Lee movies. Yeah, he was O'Hara in Enter The Dragon, and also played in two other Lee movies. Evidently, Lee and Wall, a student of Chuck Norris, went at it full speed and full contact, and Lee broke several of Wall's ribs doing that seen. Yeesh, they were hard core back then.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...000340231.html

Here he is in that scene.

He was also in many Chuck Norris movies.
    Last edited by achilles; 02-02-2022 at 05:45 AM.

Monica Vitti (born Maria Luisa Ceciarelli; 3 November 1931 – 2 February 2022) was an Italian actress best known for her starring roles in films directed by Michelangelo Antonioni during the early-to-mid 1960s.(Wikipedia)

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Renowned sportswriter William F. (Bill) Reed has has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Margarita Lozano, Spanish actress best known internationally as the villainous matriarch Consuela Baxter in 1964's "A Fistful of Dollars", passed away one week before her 91st birthday.

Extraordinary Member

RIP to Douglas Trumbull, the visual FX master and pioneer, who did 2001 among others. He was 79.

Astonishing Member

Ian McDonald, the co-founder of two significant rock bands - King Crimson in 1968 and Foreigner in 1976 - has died of cancer, at age 75.

Astonishing Member

Ivan Reitman has died at age 75. He directed films including Stripes, Ghostbusters, and Kindergarten Cop, and he produced films including Animal House, Beethoven, and Private Parts.