Page 169 of 243 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3643

Thread: In Memoriam

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Monte Norman, composer of the most famous bit of spy movie music of all time, has died at age 94. Time to raise a vodka martini, shaken, not stirred to the composer of the James Bond theme.
    Indeed. I watched Octopussy last night in his honor (I also love the John Barry score in that movie and the theme song).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Indeed. I watched Octopussy last night in his honor (I also love the John Barry score in that movie and the theme song).
    Well then, may I observe you have fine taste?! (I love that particular movie).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert that Ivana Trump passed away at 73.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Ivana Trump was an immigrant and a survivor of marital rape. She will be best remembered for her cameo in the movie "First Wives Club."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Ivana Trump was an immigrant and a survivor of marital rape. She will be best remembered for her cameo in the movie "First Wives Club."
    I don't know about that "best remembered" part, but then again, I've always lived in the New York City tri-state area, so she and "The Donald" probably got more coverage in local media here before his presidency.

Ivana continued to keep her ex-husband's last name instead of adopting the surname of her new husbands. She married the next one or two men after divorcing Donald.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Ivana continued to keep her ex-husband's last name instead of adopting the surname of her new husbands. She married the next one or two men after divorcing Donald.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if a condition for Ivana getting alimony called for her to continue using Trump as her surname, whether she wanted to or not.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me if a condition for Ivana getting alimony called for her to continue using Trump as her surname, whether she wanted to or not.
    I think Ivana probably had to sign an Non Disclosure Agreement at some point. It was mentioned in that book that is out of print, The Lost Tycoon. I found a copy of it online once. It had bits of their divorce trial where she testified that Trump got angry the procedure he had done to add is hair plugs turned out to be very painful. She had recommended the doctor to him so when he came home after the procedure he started to pull out some of her hair, slap her around and committed marital rape. I think the book also says that Trump had the courts to seal the records on their divoice proceedings.

I did find some listings in for used copies on some site for the Lost Tycoon by Harry Hurt.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-15-2022 at 09:41 AM.

NASCAR driver Bobby East has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    NASCAR driver Bobby East has passed away.
    His killer has become room temperature a few cities over in Anaheim, courtesy the Anaheim police The Mouse can be harsh..

Honestly, East was nuts; I'd never stop there. Very safe city my butt. Maybe if you're Robocop.

Comic book writer Alan Grant, best known for his work on Batman and Judge Dredd, has died at 73.

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/al...er-dies-at-73/

Has "marital rape" been proven or just allegations?
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-21-2022 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Comic book writer Alan Grant, best known for his work on Batman and Judge Dredd, has died at 73.

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/al...er-dies-at-73/
    Damn.

And with Norm Breyfogle's death a few years back, that means both people who did significant work on Batman in the early 1990s are now gone.

Aw, Alan Grant?! No!

BANNED

Yeah, that late '80s/early '90s Batman era is kind of overlooked. Few game-changing/hyped stories (before Knightfall), but just a lot of solid comic book storytelling. Sad to hear.