Page 171 of 243 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3642

Thread: In Memoriam

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    RIP to Paul Sorvino at 82. Goodfellas, Law And Order....you could go on and on. Guy was great, and his response to Weinstein after finding out about what he did to his daughter was classic.
    A truly class actor.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ll always remember Mr. Warner from his portrayal of Bob Crachit from the 1984 version of A Christmas Carol and Chancellor Gorkon from Star Trek VI. Oh, yeah, he voiced R’as Al Ghul from Batman: The Animated Series.
    Also some memorable sci-fi roles. Chancellor Gorkon in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, The Seeker in an episode of Babylon 5, and the Archmage in Gargoyles.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

From the Washington Post:
    Bob Rafelson, who co-created the made-for-TV band the Monkees in the 1960s and helped define the ambitious, boundary-breaking ethos of the New Hollywood, directing Jack Nicholson in “Five Easy Pieces” and producing generational touchstones such as “Easy Rider” and “The Last Picture Show,” died July 23 at his home in Aspen, Colo. He was 89.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    No, I don't want to believe Trump, nor did I say I believe Trump (I ask you to please not attribute things to me that I haven't stated, thank you). But your legal system says "innocent until proven guilty", no? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

So, in that case, the correct phrasing is "alleged survivor of marital rape" or "survivor of alleged marital rape". English is my 3rd language so I'm not sure which one is grammatically correct.

Or are we going to say that Bill Clinton had sex with minors in Epstein's island, as the folks on the right say and try to pass off that as a irrefutable fact? It goes both ways.
    Guilty until proven innocent is the standard for a court of law and doesn't always correlate to whether someone did something or not. By these standards, OJ did nothing wrong. Whether or not Clinton did anything to young girls on Epstein Island is unknown. Unless somebody comes forward and claims they were a victim, there is little reason to believe as much. If multiple people came forward, the likelihood increases exponentially. Statistically 27 such accusations all but guarantees that some, if not the vast majority of them, happened.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Most of us aren't old enough to remember, still...

'Leave It To Beaver' Star Tony Dow Dies At 77

Actor Tony Dow, who played Wally Cleaver on the long-running sitcom “Leave It To Beaver,” died Tuesday morning at the age of 77.

Dow’s death was announced on his Facebook page, but no cause was mentioned. His wife, Lauren Shulkind, shared in May that he had once again been diagnosed with cancer, according to Variety.

Born in Hollywood, Dow had a show business connection from the beginning: His mother was a stunt woman in the early days of the film industry.

However, Dow was more interested in swimming growing up and was a Junior Olympics diving champion, per Variety.

He got his big break in 1957 when he tagged along with a friend to an audition and ended up being cast as Wally, the older brother of Beaver Cleaver, played by Jerry Mathers.

The show ran from 1957 to 1963 and still airs in syndication.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Most of us aren't old enough to remember, still...

'Leave It To Beaver' Star Tony Dow Dies At 77
    And some of us are, this one hurts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

But now there's this...
    The Washington Post published an obituary for actor Tony Dow based on a post on Mr. Dow’s official Facebook page and after confirmation by his manager. His family now says they reported Mr. Dow’s death in error.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    But now there's this...
    Wow, seriously? That's messed up.

I apologize for the premature post, but it seemed legit at the time.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-26-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And some of us are, this one hurts.
    I was born a couple of years after it went off the air, so I didn't grow up with it. It was on reruns for a time when I was a kid and later on during the '80s, but it wasn't until this century that I became a huge fan. In fact, I think it's one of the funniest shows of all-time.

At any rate, Tony is still kicking...
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

And now, Tony Dow is dead. The announcement of his death was one day premature. He has died at age 77 of liver cancer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    And now, Tony Dow is dead. The announcement of his death was one day premature. He has died at age 77 of liver cancer.
    First time I saw Leave it to Beaver was earlier this year. It's not as corny as people make it out to be, at least not compared to other family sitcoms from the '50s-'70s.

Fantastic Member

My brother and I used to watch Leave It To Beaver in the summer back in the 80s. I loved Eddie Haskell. In 2008, my wife and I went to Belize and turned on the TV to see their television shows. Leave It To Beaver was on. We watched the entire episode. She told me yesterday how cute she thought young Wally was.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I used to watch "A Different World" when I was a kid (on Dutch TV, as German TV did not have it), and I loved the character of tough love dorm mother Lettie. She was portrayed by legendary actress Mary Alice, who has passed away.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    My brother and I used to watch Leave It To Beaver in the summer back in the 80s. I loved Eddie Haskell. In 2008, my wife and I went to Belize and turned on the TV to see their television shows. Leave It To Beaver was on. We watched the entire episode. She told me yesterday how cute she thought young Wally was.
    Heh. My mother says the same thing, though she is three years older than he was and considered him a little kid during the time the show was on.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Brazil's synthol Hulk, Valdir Segato has passed at the age of 55.