Page 178 of 243 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

Gary Gaines, the high school football coach spotlighted in the Friday Night Lights non-ficton book by Buzz Bissinger, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

I know Kobe died quite a while ago, but the trial is nearing it's end and my God, even the little they let out was horrific in the extreme. Why would any human being take pictures of...bits...for FUN, and keepsakes, and to share?!? If there was a vomit emoji here, I would use it. I will spare you the details, as they are exceedingly depressing and terrible.

Is it too much to ask that people, especially police and fire, treat human remains with dignity and respect?

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

The man helped make a difference, no matter his motives. Too bad the bad old types got back into power in Russia. But it took two to tango,so he was important as can be.

He represented a hope, peaceful relationships between the West and the East… Rip, Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

RIP. Someone like him is much needed right now.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    RIP. Someone like him is much needed right now.
    Very true. It seems like they won't give him a state funeral, which is shocking but unfortunately isn't a surprise

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2156395.html

Gorbachev managed to have a dignified funeral service in the House of the Unions in Moscow, in spite of the words of derision that were said about him in Russian state press last week. It was attended by many sympathizers and admirers. That's a tiny speck of light in these very very dark times.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Rip Mitsuhiro Yoshida creator of The River City Ransom(Downtown Nekketsu) series. He worked on all the Kunio Kun games.

https://gamerant.com/river-city-rans...-yoshida-dead/
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Damn, don't take work problems that hard. Bed Bath and Beyond's woes are well known, it's probably going under. But RIP to its CFO, who took a header out of his 18th floor apartment. Seriously, no matter what happens with that company, or what he had to do with it; it wasn't worth killing himself over.

Edit: I'm not sure I'd live in a building called "The Jenga Building". I'm afraid someone would take a random nail out the the whole thing would come down.
    Last edited by achilles; 09-04-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Damn, don't take work problems that hard. Bed Bath and Beyond's woes are well known, it's probably going under. But RIP to its CFO, who took a header out of his 18th floor apartment. Seriously, no matter what happens with that company, or what he had to do with it; it wasn't worth killing himself over.
    Has it officially been ruled a suicide?
    There are other things that could have caused his fall.

Also, there had been a lawsuit filed against Gustavo Arnal and others alleging monkey business involving the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Edit: I'm not sure I'd live in a building called "The Jenga Building". I'm afraid someone would take a random nail out the the whole thing would come down.
    But the name makes sense for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Also, there had been a lawsuit filed against Gustavo Arnal and others alleging monkey business involving the stock.

Some of the newspapers are calling it a suicide, however I don't think their is an official report yet.

And yeah, you couldn't get me into that building for a million dollars.

Just for reference, here is a look inside:

Last edited by Tami; 09-04-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Some of the newspapers are calling it a suicide, however I don't think their is an official report yet.

And yeah, you couldn't get me into that building for a million dollars.

Just for reference, here is a look inside:

Wow do I hate heights. You couldn't get me onto that balcony for a million dollars, which is probably what the front door knob to that suite costs. Lucky thing he at least missed hitting anyone on the ground.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I’m a nut for documentary shows, one I watch is How Did They Build That on Smithsonian Channel, and the construction of that building was featured on an episode. By the by, you couldn’t pay me to live in that building, especially on the upper floors.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m a nut for documentary shows, one I watch is How Did They Build That on Smithsonian Channel, and the construction of that building was featured on an episode. By the by, you couldn’t pay me to live in that building, especially on the upper floors.
    One of these days, a major Hurricane will make a direct hit on Lower Manhattan and that building (and it's residents) will be lucky if it is still standing. Either that or we will sadly have more people to add to this thread.