Page 183 of 243 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3644

Thread: In Memoriam

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The funny thing about her career is that her greatest work easily happened years before Murder She Wrote, yet she became a household name with the latter. Also, young Angela Lansbury was one stunning woman.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The funny thing about her career is that her greatest work easily happened years before Murder She Wrote, yet she became a household name with the latter. Also, young Angela Lansbury was one stunning woman.

RIP
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I never cared for Murder She wrote. But I can spend hours watching the video of her on stage. She was a force. 5 Tony Awards is no small feat.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I’ve actually been binge watching Murder She Wrote. I never watched it as a kid, apart from the crossover w. Magnum PI.

She was a cool lady.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I never cared for Murder She wrote. But I can spend hours watching the video of her on stage. She was a force. 5 Tony Awards is no small feat.
    Movie-wise, I don't think anything she did topped her role in The Manchurian Candidate. That was just a marvelous bit of acting. I have to say, though, that I love looking at her the most in The Court Jester. Between her and the equally lovely Glynis Johns (who will hopefully make it to the century mark next year), Danny Kaye must have enjoyed that making that film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Movie-wise, I don't think anything she did topped her role in The Manchurian Candidate. That was just a marvelous bit of acting. I have to say, though, that I love looking at her the most in The Court Jester. Between her and the equally lovely Glynis Johns (who will hopefully make it to the century mark next year), Danny Kaye must have enjoyed that making that film.
    She had a mom who was a movie and TV actress for decades before dying in 1975. She was even in things people who come her actually might have at least heard of, mostly TV stuff. I don't know, did she live to see her daughter's big role on Murder She Wrote? No idea when that one hit the screens.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    She had a mom who was a movie and TV actress for decades before dying in 1975. She was even in things people who come her actually might have at least heard of, mostly TV stuff. I don't know, did she live to see her daughter's big role on Murder She Wrote? No idea when that one hit the screens.
    Murder, She Wrote started airing on TV in September 1984.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Murder, She Wrote started airing on TV in September 1984.
    Ah, so unless she was a vampire or zombie, she likely didn't get that chance...

Ah well, she at least knew her daughter was a success.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That was amazing. RIP Angela and Bea.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I never watched Murder She wrote but I've seen George Cukor's Gaslight with her debut several times. To see her in that role you would never guess that she was 18 and she would get at Oscar nominatin for Best Supporting Actress. But my all time favorite role of hers is that of Mrs Lovett from her Tony winning performance in Sweeney Todd. I even bought the filmed performance on DVD of it as soon as I could find one. I had remembered seeing it on PBS.

Video on TCM "A Little Priest" https://www.tcm.com/video/469616/swe...little-priest/
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-12-2022 at 04:13 PM.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...s-63261204.amp

Hagrid actor Robbie Coltrane passed away.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...s-63261204.amp

Hagrid actor Robbie Coltrane passed away.
    Never watched Harry Potter, but I thought he was cool as thuggish Russian mob boss Valentin Zukovsky from Goldeneye (Pierce Brosnan's debut as 007)

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Never watched Harry Potter, but I thought he was cool as thuggish Russian mob boss Valentin Zukovsky from Goldeneye (Pierce Brosnan's debut as 007)

I liked him in everything he did going all the way back to Nuns on the Run.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

He started in comedy, and his big break through role in drama was arguably in Cracker on tv…he won BAFTA award for best actor for that three years in a row.

Apparently J K Rowling was very insistent he played Hagrid. He said something like “It made contract negotiations for the films very easy”.