Page 193 of 243 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

Invincible Member

Earth Fire and Fire drummer Fred White has passed away

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...67/ar-AA15TVMZ

Walter Cunningham, last surviving Apollo 7 astronaut, dies at age 90

Walter Cunningham, the last surviving astronaut from the first successful crewed space mission in Nasa’s Apollo program, has died. He was 90.

A Nasa spokesman, Bob Jacobs, confirmed Cunningham’s death but did not immediately provide further details. Cunningham’s wife, Dot Cunningham, said in a statement that he died on Tuesday but did not say where or provide a cause of death.

Cunningham was one of three astronauts aboard the 1968 Apollo 7 mission, an 11-day flight that beamed live broadcasts as it orbited Earth, paving the way for the moon landing less than a year later.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quinn Redeker, Actor on ‘Days of Our Lives’ and ‘The Young and the Restless,’ Dies at 88

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ss-1235293706/

He did a lot more than daytime tv, but most will remember him as Alex Marshall from Days of our Lives and Rex Sterling from The Young and the Restless.

Sterling was married to Katherine Chancellor and was the bio dad of Danny Romalotti and Gina Roma.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Diamond —of the right-wing, Trump- loving duo Diamond and Silk— has died. In late November, she was hospitalized due to COVID-19. The duo was fired by Fox News a couple years ago for spreading misinformation about COVID-19 and vaccines. You cannot script this stuff.
    https://twitter.com/marclamonthill/s...SaEq3PlmC0YD9g

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    While it's hardly appropriate to disparage the dead, I found this tweet appropriate, given my hatred of Cut Glass and Burlap:

"I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure,”

-- Clarence Darrow
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While it's hardly appropriate to disparage the dead, I found this tweet appropriate, given my hatred of Cut Glass and Burlap:

"I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure,”

-- Clarence Darrow
    So much for the theory that Diamonds are forever.

DZG8_hHWsAAIyqS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

-- Clarence Darrow
    My favorite shade in such a manner is still from Mark Twain.

"I shall not be attending the funeral, but I have sent a letter expressing my approval of it."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Invincible Member

And I could have sworn they not long ago released a video going on about the rumors of them having COVID were false and should be believed.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

German-Estonan super model Tatjana Patitz died at just 56 years of age.

This one is a shock.

Musician Jeff Beck dies suddenly of meningitis

Musician Jeff Beck has died suddenly after contracting bacterial meningitis, according to his family.

He was 78 years old.

"On behalf of his family, it is with deep and profound sadness that we share the news of Jeff Beck's passing," his representatives said in a statement. "After suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis, he peacefully passed away yesterday. His family ask for privacy while they process this tremendous loss."
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Re: Diamond and Silk, Trump would trot these two out when he wanted to show he wasn't a racist.

Not that I would wish ill on anyone but one wonders how many anti-vaxers have died from COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Re: Diamond and Silk, Trump would trot these two out when he wanted to show he wasn't a racist.

Not that I would wish ill on anyone but one wonders how many anti-vaxers have died from COVID-19.
    It seemed like there was a story in the news every week about an Anti Vaxer or Covid denier kicking the bucket.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, out of the blue. One of the most important of the guitar gods.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It seemed like there was a story in the news every week about an Anti Vaxer or Covid denier kicking the bucket.
    I remember Herman Cain died of Covid, and a couple weeks later the people who controlled his twitter account used it to tweet Covid misinformation