Page 20 of 243 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    He was also the first American in orbit. R.I.P. Mr. Glenn.
    I was born a few years after the exploits of Friendship 7, but next to actually watching Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on TV as a wee one, reading about John Glenn in elementary school was right up there.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Thanks. I've had about 6 months to adjust, I'll be okay. But yeah, 2016 was/is a *%#$$@ year.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

Awww....that's a bummer.

Mercury 7 originals.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

This year can't end fast ENOUGH.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I'll second that!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I doubt that the next few years will be much better as far as celebrity deaths are concerned. The "Golden Age of Television" lasted from about the late 40s to 1960. The shows that the older posters here liked were about 20 to 30 years ago. Pop and Soul music became global phenomena about 55 years ago.

More big stars to our generation are nearing the ends of their lives than ever before. Plus you have "fast living" to think about...

A Canadian friend of mine's quote on Alan Thicke's death while playing Hockey.

"He couldn't have picked a more Canadian way to go unless he were riding on a moose while drinking Tim Horton's coffee."

RIP Alan Thicke. I was just watching a Christmas movie of his yesterday. He was great in everything.
    I suppose there's never been a truer moment for this: https://youtu.be/c4VNzNSHiss?t=26s

More recently, Mr. Thicke was heard on radio doing commercials for Optima Tax Relief. Rarely a day passed when I didn't hear the spots he did for that company.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I doubt that the next few years will be much better as far as celebrity deaths are concerned. The "Golden Age of Television" lasted from about the late 40s to 1960. The shows that the older posters here liked were about 20 to 30 years ago. Pop and Soul music became global phenomena about 55 years ago.

More big stars to our generation are nearing the ends of their lives than ever before. Plus you have "fast living" to think about...
    Correct. Celebrity deaths are no more plentiful or important, on average, than in previous years. For example, there were many such examples from the late '60s/early '70s, but since I didn't know who they were at the time due to my youth, they didn't register at all. It wasn't really until '72 when they started to register - I can recall, i.e., the deaths of Harry S Truman, LBJ, Lon Chaney, Jr., Roberto Clemente, Bud Abbott, Dizzy Dean, and Jack Benny making an impact on my young brain from around that time. Yet, there were tons of important names that didn't mean anything to me then - a lot of them do now, but not all still .
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It's being announced that Craig Sager has passed away, now thats heartbreaking.

I just got an alert about Mr. Sager via Bleacher Report. How awful. He will be missed.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Sad. Pop and him and the interviews. When I was young, I almost lost my cousin to leukemia and he was like a brother to me since I had only sisters and he was my age. It was a hard time.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-15-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Bernard Fox has dies at 89.
    I remember him most from these shows:
    Dr. Bombay on BEWITCHED.
    Colonel Crittendon on HOGAN'S HEROES.
    Malcolm Merriweather on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW.

Rest In Peace!