Page 200 of 243 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3638

Thread: In Memoriam

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Raquel Welch passed away at 82.

I saw her in Fuzz in '72 (at age seven, I was more interested in Burt Reynolds and Yul Brynner for their coolness), but I think it was when I was 12 seeing her in the prehistoric bikini from One Million Years B.C. on a poster that made her my ideal woman in my mind. Oh, there are some very, very close, but she would be tops for me then, now, and forever. I even dated a girl for a time because she resembled her!

RIP

PS She was great in the The Three Musketeer movies. Raquel might have been a goddess, but she did have some talent, too.
    Aww, damn! That's too bad!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Very sorry to hear of Bacharach's and Welch's deaths. I loved Burt's songs and I was just thinking about Welch in Fantastic Voyage after reading reviews about Ant-Man 3. RIP.

Extraordinary Member

Welch was still gorgeous well into her 60s. I loved her in many things, including Seinfeld. She was almost cast ad Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Welch was still gorgeous well into her 60s. I loved her in many things, including Seinfeld. She was almost cast ad Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island.
    Heh. Tina Louise had enough problems dealing with Dawn Wells' girl-next-door beauty, but she would have gone nuclear if Raquel had gotten the part.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Looking fabulous on this cover at 70 years old.
    Rest In Peace!

Welch70.jpg

She seemed to be a nice woman… Rip.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Incredible Member

She was considered for Thunderball (the James Bond) too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Looking fabulous on this cover at 70 years old.
    Rest In Peace!

Welch70.jpg
    Absolutely gorgeous. Her Seinfeld episode is one of my favorites. She was definitely great at comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    She seemed to be a nice woman… Rip.
    That wasn't the consensus opinion when I was growing up when she was the #1 sex symbol, but I suspect that was because she didn't want to play the Hollywood game. God knows what she had to deal with men-wise back then, too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. Tina Louise had enough problems dealing with Dawn Wells' girl-next-door beauty, but she would have gone nuclear if Raquel had gotten the part.
    Speaking of glamour girls vs. girls next door, one of Raquel Welch's first (and uncredited) screen roles was in the Elvis Presley vehicle Roustabout, in which she was one of the bevy of beauties who swooned over Elvis's singing. In the publicity photo below, the actress standing between Raquel and Elvis is Teri Garr, who was also in one of her first and uncredited screen roles as a dancer in the movie and who said she felt very much out of place standing next to Raquel.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Speaking of glamour girls vs. girls next door, one of Raquel Welch's first (and uncredited) screen roles was in the Elvis Presley vehicle Roustabout, in which she was one of the bevy of beauties who swooned over Elvis's singing. In the publicity photo below, the actress standing between Raquel and Elvis is Teri Garr, who was also in one of her first and uncredited screen roles as a dancer in the movie and who said she felt very much out of place standing next to Raquel.

Teri was very cute and leggy, but standing next to the most perfect looking woman from head to toe (my opinion), she would have to pale in comparison.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think Raquel Welch was underrated as a actress. I remember seeing her in Kansas City Bomber where she did a lot of her own stunts as a Roller Derby skater on a banked track. They played an old Dick Cavett interview with her on the Decades channel and she even broke her wrist while filming a scene. She was also very good as Constance in Richard Lesters's The Three Musketeers.

And R.I.P. Stella Stevens (at age 84):
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...or-1235328909/

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And R.I.P. Stella Stevens (at age 84):
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...or-1235328909/
    Man, another stunner from the same era. How is Ann-Margret doing?!

The Poseidon Adventure
    was the first time I saw her and she was great in it, but I was in love with her as Miss Purty in The Nutty Professor.

RIP

Astonishing Member

And Stella Stevens truly was an underrated actress as well as a gorgeous one. For evidence of her acting chops (which she was unable to exercise in most of the lightweight movies in which she was cast), see her performance in the Sam Peckinpah comic western The Ballad of Cable Hogue. She totally holds her own against co-star Jason Robards, and then some.