Page 201 of 243 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3644

Thread: In Memoriam

Astonishing Member

Since this is a comics forum, I would be remiss in failing to point out that Stella Stevens became a film star in her first movie role, which was in the film L'il Abner, adapted from the Al Capp comic strip. Stella played a big-city vamp who, for a dastardly and nefarious purpose, attempts to persuade the hillbilly innocent Abner Yokum to marry her. The character was named "Appassionata von Climax", and the role had been debuted by Tina Louise in the Broadway play version.

Boston TV news reporter Bill Shields has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Since this is a comics forum, I would be remiss in failing to point out that Stella Stevens became a film star in her first movie role, which was in the film L'il Abner, adapted from the Al Capp comic strip. Stella played a big-city vamp who, for a dastardly and nefarious purpose, attempts to persuade the hillbilly innocent Abner Yokum to marry her. The character was named "Appassionata von Climax", and the role had been debuted by Tina Louise in the Broadway play version.

You left out Stella's Stellar comic-book role as Marcia, a Nazi spy and Nuremberg's Judo champ, who not only only worked with Steve Trevor in the American Government as his unconventional assistant, but who also fought Wonder Woman!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Invincible Member

I just saw that Richard Belzer, who played "Detective Munch" on a half a dozen cop shows, just passed away.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I just saw that Richard Belzer, who played "Detective Munch" on a half a dozen cop shows, just passed away.
    First time I ever saw him was on Thicke of the Night 40-something years ago.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...er-1235329813/

Ultimate Member

He was in the first Fame movie. I think.

Leiji Matsumoto passed away at 85.

He was a legend, one of the greatest mangaka of all time.
    Captain Harlock, Queen Emeraldas, Galaxy Express 999, Space Cruiser Yamato, Queen Millenium, The Cockpit...
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

Captain Harlock, Queen Emeraldas, Galaxy Express 999, Space Cruiser Yamato, Queen Millenium, The Cockpit...
    Yes, he was.

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

One of the true legends. RIP.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

RIP to Barbara Bosson, at 83. Along with Hill Street Blues, her credits include The Last Starfighter.

https://tvline.com/2023/02/20/barbar...-street-blues/

Former track star Greg Foster, who won a silver medal at the 1984 Summer Olympics, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Just days after Burt Bacharach passed away, one of the singers he made a star followed him to the great recording studio in the sky.

When Chuck Jackson recorded Bacharach's "Any Day Now", he was a handsome 25 year old with the voice of a seasoned blues man twice his age. He went on to Motown after his years in the Brill Building recording for Scepter and Wand, but could never break out that big again. He kept recording until well into the 1990s.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Just days after Burt Bacharach passed away, one of the singers he made a star followed him to the great recording studio in the sky.

When Chuck Jackson recorded Bacharach's "Any Day Now", he was a handsome 25 year old with the voice of a seasoned blues man twice his age. He went on to Motown after his years in the Brill Building recording for Scepter and Wand, but could never break out that big again. He kept recording until well into the 1990s.

Though a worthy inductee into the Rhythm and Blues Music Hall of Fame, I have always felt he should have had a bigger career than had based on his voice and talent.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?