Page 202 of 244 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3646

Thread: In Memoriam

Rick Newman, the founder of the famed Catch A Rising Star comedy club, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Tom Sizemore. Not unexpected, given what happened. AFAIK, he had a few high profile and mostly lauded roles, along with some controversy.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    RIP Tom Sizemore. Not unexpected, given what happened. AFAIK, he had a few high profile and mostly lauded roles, along with some controversy.
    I didn't know he had been on life support after suffering from a brain aneurysm. I remember him from his great supporting role in Saving Private Ryan.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The only role I had seen Mr. Sizemore in The Relic, a late 90's horror where he played a Chicago detective hunting a monster roaming through a museum:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The only role I had seen Mr. Sizemore in The Relic, a late 90's horror where he played a Chicago detective hunting a monster roaming through a museum:

Hadn't heard of that one, might check it out. Some of his other movies included Heat, Blackhawk Down, and Saving Private Ryan.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Hadn't heard of that one, might check it out. Some of his other movies included Heat, Blackhawk Down, and Saving Private Ryan.
    Those three films are the ones he will always be remembered for. Fine actor, though quite a few issues in his personal life.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Invincible Member

Don't forget Tom in Natural Born Killers

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Judith “Judy” Heumann—widely regarded as “the mother” of the disability rights movement—passed away in Washington, D.C. on the afternoon of March 4, 2023.

Her doctor advised her parents to institutionalize her when it was clear that she would never be able to walk. “Institutionalization was the status quo in 1949,” she wrote. “Kids with disabilities were considered a hardship, economically and socially.” When Judy attempted to enter kindergarten, the principal blocked her family from entering the school, labeling her a “fire hazard.” However, her parents, particularly her mother, fought back and demanded that Judy have access to a classroom. Judy eventually was able to attend a special school, high school, Long Island University (from which she earned a B.A. in 1969), and the University of California, Berkeley, where she earned a Master’s in Public Health six years later.

Extraordinary Member

RIP to Chaim Topol, of Fiddler on the Roof, For Your Eyes Only, and Flash Gordon (1980), fame at age 87. He suffered from Alzheimers for several years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64898895

RIP to Chaim Topol, of Fiddler on the Roof, For Your Eyes Only, and Flash Gordon (1980), fame at age 87. He suffered from Alzheimers for several years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64898895
    FOTR is one of my favorite musicals and movies in general, FWIW. Topol was a huge reason for that.

"Sunrise, sunset..."

RIP

Extraordinary Member

Well, noted actor Robert Blake, who really killed it in his movies, really just murdered every role, is now himself an ex-person of sorts, having died of something fatal at age 87. In his honor, try not to forget your gun at the restaurant.

Well, noted actor Robert Blake, who really killed it in his movies, really just murdered every role, is now himself an ex-person of sorts, having died of something fatal at age 87. In his honor, try not to forget your gun at the restaurant.
    It's been reported he died of heart disease. (And I saw his age as 89, not 87?)
    https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/rob...al-1235548839/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It's been reported he died of heart disease. (And I saw his age as 89, not 87?)
    https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/rob...al-1235548839/
    How about "old"?

He really should have been cell buddies with Phil Spector, but I can't say he wasn't a fine and compelling actor. Anybody watching In Cold Blood just by itself can attest to that.