Page 210 of 240 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3596

Thread: In Memoriam

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Glenn Corbett's Zephram Cochrane seemed almost alien to me. But that entire episode is an oddball. The Companion saved his life, and obviously is very protective Cochrane, but he flies into an unholy rage the moment he realizes that it loves him. Only to do a complete about face five minutes later when it possesses a lovely human woman.

Not to mention how everyone suddenly blows off the ultra-important peace-keeping mission at the end and, after an entire episode of trying to save her, suddenly care not a whit that Hedford is basically dead now. They just all figure that things will work out fine and fly off.
    It's not the best episode, but it's certainly not the worst (Where in the world is Spock's brain?!!) Corbett seemed lost in character. I usually like him, but not his finest acting moment here.

I give TNG a lot of grief and still prefer TOS, but man TOS has some real clinkers.
    At their best, those two shows were great. At their worst, however (the last season of TOS was hit and miss while the first season of TNG was really bad and the second season was a mixed bag), they stunk up the joint. While maybe not with the same highs, Deep Space Nine was consistently good from beginning to end, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Singer/Actor Ed Ames passed away at 95.

I remember him most for singing the title song for The War Wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Singer/Actor Ed Ames passed away at 95.

I remember him most for singing the title song for The War Wagon.

The first time I heard him was singing I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day on a then-new Christmas album in 1971.

Though I have a memory of watching Daniel Boone on NBC, it wasn't until I saw the show in reruns during the late '70s that I got to appreciate him as an actor. His character Mingo stood out then because he wasn't the typical Indian who said "How!" or "Me smokem peace pipe." He spoke perfect English, since Mingo was half-British.

RIP

I learned earlier today that Yukiko Takayama, writer of "Terror of Mechagodzilla" and first major female crewmember on a Godzilla production who was handpicked for the job by Ishiro Honda, passed away on June 2 at the age of 83.

She later wrote a short story that was a quasi-sequel to the movie telling the story of a resurrected Titanosaurus in the far future. She also provided the story for a "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah" sequel that was ultimately abandoned/morphed into "Godzilla vs. Mothra: Battle for Earth".

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-81-rcna88160

RIP to the Sheik. I hope the issues that led him to being such a bombastic personality fueled by I don't know how many drugs are gone at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-81-rcna88160

RIP to the Sheik. I hope the issues that led him to being such a bombastic personality fueled by I don't know how many drugs are gone at last.
    This is sad. I remember in an interview when he said without him there would be no Hulk Hogan since Hogan won the Belt off of him.

He was the best villain in all of wrestling. I remember seeing they had to sneak him out of events in the trunks of cars because of how bad he was hated.

"Iran Number 1 America Pooey."

And here is an interesting fact. The painting of the president of Iran (Whatever they called the president) that was on his flag was painted by Jerry "The King" Lawler.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fans of THe Shiek are calling the rest of the day National We Hate Hulk Hogan Day in honor of the Shiek.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fans of THe Shiek are calling the rest of the day National We Hate Hulk Hogan Day in honor of the Shiek.
    HA! I’m down with that!

RIP to the Shiek! He was one of a kind.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I saw the Shiek sometime in the late '80s at Nassau Coliseum. I wasn't really into professional wrestling like I had as a teen by that point, but it was fun seeing one of the greatest villians of my youth in person. Now if only George The Animal Steele had been there.

RIP

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The first time I heard him was singing I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day on a then-new Christmas album in 1971.

Though I have a memory of watching Daniel Boone on NBC, it wasn't until I saw the show in reruns during the late '70s that I got to appreciate him as an actor. His character Mingo stood out then because he wasn't the typical Indian who said "How!" or "Me smokem peace pipe." He spoke perfect English, since Mingo was half-British.

RIP
    I have never heard of any of these, save Daniel Boone, which I learned in elementary school, but I mourn them anyway. Largely because I'm a fool and love all animals and most people. I feel very sad when anyone of any animal or even plant dies, and I don't think that's normal or even healthy. RIP to the gentleman. I don't like anyone or anything to undergo suffering or sadness, and I believe animals and people both have emotions including grief----I'd rather be grief stricken myself.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I have never heard of any of these, save Daniel Boone, which I learned in elementary school, but I mourn them anyway. Largely because I'm a fool and love all animals and most people. I feel very sad when anyone of any animal or even plant dies, and I don't think that's normal or even healthy. RIP to the gentleman. I don't like anyone or anything to undergo suffering or sadness, and I believe animals and people both have emotions including grief----I'd rather be grief stricken myself.
    I think anybody with a heart will feel some form of grief over the death of a child or animal, even if you didn't know them. Beyond that, it depends, but for the most part, I regret almost everybody's passing if they're not on a Hitler or Stalin level.

Controversial Televangelist Pat Robertson Dies At 93

Robertson built an empire but ultimately became a caricature of the angry, bigoted Christian. To quote Clarence Darrow, "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Controversial Televangelist Pat Robertson Dies At 93

Robertson built an empire but ultimately became a caricature of the angry, bigoted Christian. To quote Clarence Darrow, "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
    So who is the frontrunner to be America's next Ayatollah?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So who is the frontrunner to be America's next Ayatollah?
    Probably this asswipe: