Page 35 of 243 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam

BANNED

Golden Globe winning actress Christine Kaufmann, once married to Tony Curtis, died of cancer at age 72.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Golden Globe winning actress Christine Kaufmann, once married to Tony Curtis, died of cancer at age 72.

First saw this beauty in Taras Bulba. Wished I had seen her in more films, thought it appears she had a long career in Europe. BTW, Tony didn't deserve either her or Janet Leigh.

Glamorous actress Lola Albright also died recently in her early nineties. Probably best known for her role as the titular character's girlfriend on Peter Gunn, she could be seen in a variety of big-budget films from the '40s until the '60s.

RIP to both both ladies
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert on my phone that legendary comic Don Rickles passed away today at 90.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert on my phone that legendary comic Don Rickles passed away today at 90.
    Yeah, I just heard Mr. Warmth died. Another all-time great that always seemed to be a part of my life.

First time I saw him had to be on The Munsters back in the late '60s, but my favorite role of his is Ray Milland's sleazy business partner in X: The Man With the X-Ray Eyes. A very good dramatic actor, IMO.

RIP, you hockey puck!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh man, just watched the movie "Kelly Heroes" on DVD

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yep, just heard. Lost another great one!

This is the way to reflect on this forum...

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    RIP, you hockey puck!
    Best. Eulogy. Ever.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, I just heard Mr. Warmth died. Another all-time great that always seemed to be a part of my life.

First time I saw him had to be on The Munsters back in the late '60s, but my favorite role of his is Ray Milland's sleazy business partner in X: The Man With the X-Ray Eyes. A very good dramatic actor, IMO.

RIP, you hockey puck!
    Oh, what a legend. I loved that part he had in the "Man with the X-Ray Eyes." He had this one line that I would not doubt was ad-libbed where someone from the audience at the club the Don Rickles was running was asking the Ray Milland character (who could see everything and was doing an act there) a question something like this "Can you tell me where my mother is?" and Rickles said "She's flying around the pier on her broomstick"

If you can find it, one of the last times Don Rickles was on David Letterman's show he was on the same night where Denzel Washington was the first guest. When he was done with his segment, Denzel asked David if he could stay on the couch and be there when Don Rickles came on. He hardly said anything and just laughed while Rickles did his thing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Brilliant! A master at the peak of his craft. Mr. Warmth will be missed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh, what a legend. I loved that part he had in the "Man with the X-Ray Eyes." He had this one line that I would not doubt was ad-libbed where someone from the audience at the club the Don Rickles was running was asking the Ray Milland character (who could see everything and was doing an act there) a question something like this "Can you tell me where my mother is?" and Rickles said "She's flying around the pier on her broomstick"

If you can find it, one of the last times Don Rickles was on David Letterman's show he was on the same night where Denzel Washington was the first guest. When he was done with his segment, Denzel asked David if he could stay on the couch and be there when Don Rickles came on. He hardly said anything and just laughed while Rickles did his thing.
    The man was still sharp and quick right up to the end. One thing that also came through regarding his act and interviews was that he was a nice guy in reality. That's why he could get away with his zingers over the decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Best. Eulogy. Ever.
    Thank you, Scott.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The man was still sharp and quick right up to the end. One thing that also came through regarding his act and interviews was that he was a nice guy in reality. That's why he could get away with his zingers over the decades.
    Yeah, he had many friends and Jimmy Kimmel was even half crying last night talking about him. He connected with a lot of the younger comics and they felt like they really made it if Rickles liked you. He goes back quite a ways in show business. I remember watching this WWII submarine battle movie called Run Silent, Run Deep with Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster. Don Rickles has a small part in that. How many people are around today that were in a picture with Gable?

Guitarist J. Geils found dead in his Massachusetts home

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/11/entert...ead/index.html

More sad news. I always enjoyed J. Geils band.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.