Page 4 of 240 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    This loss is going to linger for years. I don't think there's been so great a loss since Lennon.
    Lennon was taken from the world before he was ready. I'd like to think Bowie was ready by the time he went
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    This loss is going to linger for years. I don't think there's been so great a loss since Lennon.
    Some might argue Michael Jackson's death was a greater loss, even though he was a drug addled freak show at the end. Still, the death of Bowie was staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Lennon was taken from the world before he was ready. I'd like to think Bowie was ready by the time he went
    Agreed. Lennon was only 40 and had just resumed his career when he was murdered. Who knows the music he would've given the world if it hadn't been for Mark Chapman.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-12-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

What impressed me with Bowie was that he managed to get his act together yet never become boring. He kicked the drugs and only became cooler in the process. He married a super model but picked the classy and smart kind. He could laugh at himself ("I looked like I was make of wax in that 1973 photo with Springsteen!") yet never looked ridiculous, even when he dressed up as a clown.

If Bowie gets sent to hell by mistake, hell's gonna freeze over, because energy doesn't come much cooler than David Robert Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    What impressed me with Bowie was that he managed to get his act together yet never become boring. He kicked the drugs and only became cooler in the process. He married a super model but picked the classy and smart kind. He could laugh at himself ("I looked like I was make of wax in that 1973 photo with Springsteen!") yet never looked ridiculous, even when he dressed up as a clown.

If Bowie gets sent to hell by mistake, hell's gonna freeze over, because energy doesn't come much cooler than David Robert Jones.
    Bowie's not going to hell and he's not going to heaven either. Heaven and hell will be too busy fighting over where he should go.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Just got an alert on my phone that Alan Rickman died from cancer at 69. To the current movie watching generation, he was Severus Snape from the Harry Potter franchise, but to filmgoers of a certain age like myself, he was terrorist mastermind Hans Gruber from Die Hard and the cartoonishly evil Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Not cool, universe.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert on my phone that Alan Rickman died from cancer at 69. To the current movie watching generation, he was Severus Snape from the Harry Potter franchise, but to filmgoers of a certain age like myself, he was terrorist mastermind Hans Gruber from Die Hard and the cartoonishly evil Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
    Die Hard is the film that brought me to his attention, but of all his roles (and he was always great in them), my favorite would be Alexander Dane in Galaxy Quest.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Rest in Peace to one of the greatest Philantrophists in Philippine History.. German Moreno.
    Gratitude to you always.

RIP Hans Gruber

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    That's just a comforting thought. He might have accepted it, for lack of a choice, but I'm sure he'd appreciate a bit longer with the people he loved.

I could see the Michael Jackson argument, but just not personally.

Anyway...
    Memorial New Orleans Style (second line) with Arcade Fire front man, Win Butler, and Preservation Jazz Hall Band.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 01-18-2016 at 07:53 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Just heard that Glenn Frey of the Eagles passed away today.

Such a loss, The Eagles were one of Americas greatest rock bands. I am in shock.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Glenn Frey. Oh, my. . .

BANNED

Damn. I was just listening to the Hotel California album a month or so ago, for the first time in years. It still holds up. Big loss.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Paul Kantner, Jefferson Airplane co-founder, dies at age 74. "Somebody to Love."