Page 54 of 243 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Charles Manson finally kicked the bucket, he was 83:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/us/cha...ead/index.html

Also, country singer Mel Tillis passed away at 85:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/19/entert...ies/index.html
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Got an alert on my phone saying Della Reese from TV's Touched By An Angel passed away at 86.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert on my phone saying Della Reese from TV's Touched By An Angel passed away at 86.
    Oh no!

I really liked Della for a long time.

Della was an Angel that is now with the other Angels!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Not della!

She was also an incredibly singer, one of the last great Divas of the Big Band Era.

Who's left now? Nancy Wilson is the only one I can think of right now.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Not della!
    I remember her going back to Chico and the Man. Really fine talent there.

RIP
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I remember her going back to Chico and the Man. Really fine talent there.

RIP
    And Sanford and Son.

Just got an alert on my phone: David Cassidy is gone.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It sure makes you feel old when a former teen idol you remember passes away. RIP Keith Partridge. Probably the most remembered song from the show was "I think I Love You". I remember we had that 45 as kids.

He kind of eclipsed the fame of his parents. Step mother Shirley Jones was an Oscar winner and his father Jack Cassidy, while quite handsome and talented, never quite made as big a splash. He was in a lot of TV dramas and comedies.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-22-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I just hope it's not going to be another year of good people who pass on.

On the one hand, I'm sorry to see young people like Mr. Cassidy (saw him in reruns of the Partridge family), Mr. Young, and Ms. Tsuru (she's the youngest of the group I think in regard to passing this month at 57) leave this world so soon. ON the other hand we have both Ms.(Mrs.?) Della Reese and Mr. Earle Hyman who both lived long and, one can say, interesting lives in regard to their careers as actors. 86 and 91 are quite long in terms of life, and I"m glad we got to share in their talent and see them act. Also both will live on with their works. And in the case of Mr. Hyman, to paraphrase from the late Tony Jay in regard to his role as Frollo for Hunchback, He gets to be in a way immortal because he was in an animated show. people that grew up with him will remember him and share that work with their kids, so he may be gone but will not ever be forgotten. Neither will the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It sure makes you feel old when a former teen idol you remember passes away. RIP Keith Partridge. Probably the most remembered song from the show was "I think I Love You". I remember we had that 45 as kids.

He kind of eclipsed the fame of his parents. Step mother Shirley Jones was an Oscar winner and his father Jack Cassidy, while quite handsome and talented, never quite made as big a splash. He was in a lot of TV dramas and comedies.
    Man, this was actually sort of a tough one.

While I don't want to see anyone go while it feels like they still had some living left in them, I'd recently seen that he believed he was in the beginning stages of dementia. He mentioned that his mother(Evelyn Ward) lived with serious dementia at the end of her life. It was actually sad to hear him discuss it.

He did also make live to be quite a bit older than his father while contending with the sort of thing that contributed to Jack dying relatively young.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

I watched The Partridge Family as a kid and even got the trading cards of the show from my grandmother. I can't say I was a big fan of the music from the show and he wasn't my favorite (no, not Laurie then, but Tracy ), but I always thought David Cassidy was talented.

RIP

HOF country singer and songwriter died on Nov. 19 at the age of 85. The father of Pam Tillis, the famous stutterer also did some acting along the way (most famously in The Cannonball Run movies). First time I heard him was in '73 with his hit single Sawmill, but my favorite song of his is Coca Cola Cowboy.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, this was actually sort of a tough one.

While I don't want to see anyone go while it feels like they still had some living left in them, I'd recently seen that he believed he was in the beginning stages of dementia. He mentioned that his mother(Evelyn Ward) lived with serious dementia at the end of her life. It was actually sad to hear him discuss it.

He did also make live to be quite a bit older than his father while contending with the sort of thing that contributed to Jack dying relatively young.
    If he was really going to get full-on dementia, then fate did him a favor. I mean, I loved the guy and would never have wished him harm. But dementia sucks so much for those around a person and for that person.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Been a keen Tennis fan, sad to hear that former Wimbledon Champion, Jana Novotna, died a couple of days ago aged only 49.