Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

So....I take it this is not a Wonder Woman/Walking Dead crossover.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

All-New Member

It seems Hermes has become used to London. They could be anywhere else, after all.

Astonishing Member

It's good to see somewhere outside of the continental USA being groundzero for out of the world shenanigans.

Mighty Member

Thanks for finding the preview! Appreciate it!

This Wednesday looks like it'll deliver when it comes to thrill power! Wonder Woman, 2000AD, Judge Dredd Megazine and Future's end!

And about Wonder Woman. Heaven, Hell and probably soon sea also taken and the amazons going to War. Big things are coming up.

Cool to see how Diana gets equality into her plans. Looking forward to see where this thread goes.

And by the way. I was just skimming through WW bk 2 GUTs, and in #12 Hermes says: "Betrayal, death, perhaps the fall of Olympus. Or depending on how you look at it.... A beginning. New gods."

I wonder if he meant: #12 Betrayal (Hermes) #23 Death (Ares) and #" " Fall of Olympus/New Gods (Wonder Woman?)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EstiveTrevor View Post
    The art and layout looks really good for this issue; perhaps it's how the website spread out the art; as far as the writing, this seems to be taking the form of another filler issue; i hope to be surprised and proven wrong; would be an incredible surprise if Dr. Psycho showed up in this issue.

Extraordinary Member

Well at least, assuming Diana's conversation pertains to the sex raids, we've finally established that killing boatloads of innocent men to maintain a population is immoral.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Lookin' good!

And in two issues, Azz destroys the image of the Amazons as exclusively barbarous. Dessa's concerns appear to be grounded entirely in the fear that such a radical change could really unbalance Amazon society and that with war brewing, now may not be the best time anyway. These are perfectly valid, rational concerns.

This hopefully promises a better portrayal of the Amazons in the near future.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Lookin' good!

And in two issues, Azz destroys the image of the Amazons as exclusively barbarous. Dessa's concerns appear to be grounded entirely in the fear that such a radical change could really unbalance Amazon society and that with war brewing, now may not be the best time anyway. These are perfectly valid, rational concerns.

Yeah, they're not orcs. Just really really unpleasant humans.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Can Aleka drop dead? Or better yet can the FB kill her in some painful way? I cant bare her, even when she's silent.

Quote Originally Posted by EstiveTrevor View Post
    It seems Hermes has become used to London. They could be anywhere else, after all.
    I like it too. Although it does seem a bit arbitrary since none of the gods have any link to the place the way say... Luthor has with Metropolis. But it is ok, i enjoy it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Lookin' good!

Yeah, that is all well and good but the sex piracy still happened. And now the women that killed all those men after having sex with them begrudgingly agree to take care of a baby. Whoop dee doo, what a change. Meh.

I do wonder though... Will they allow more men to live on the island, so there would be no need for the sex piracy? Maybe Hephaestus' manazons?

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    So....I take it this is not a Wonder Woman/Walking Dead crossover.
    I'd love to see Diana and Michonne fighting side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's good to see somewhere outside of the continental USA being groundzero for out of the world shenanigans.
    Yeah, I loved that Ares and The First Born had their epic fight in London, as opposed to NY. (Or Metropolis, or Gotham etc)
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Yeah, that is all well and good but the sex piracy still happened. And now the women that killed all those men after having sex with them begrudgingly agree to take care of a baby. Whoop dee doo, what a change. Meh.

I do wonder though... Will they allow more men to live on the island, so there would be no need for the sex piracy? Maybe Hephaestus' manazons?
    Yeah, little justice really. Maybe all the Amazons who murdered innocent sailors will die in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd love to see Diana and Michonne fighting side by side.
    If those man-killers decided to tangle with Rick and his crew it would go badly for the Amazons. Cause they'd have no idea who they were messing with.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-19-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yeah, little justice really. Maybe all the Amazons who murdered innocent sailors will die in battle.
    I dont want them to die, but this change to a more open minded society is a bit meh... It's not powerful, nor do the Amazons believe in it, nor do we find out why Diana herself supports it. She's more open minded than them because.... uh...

I was trying to remain open minded about this whole thing, hoping that it would be resolved in a deep and meaningful way. Greyer Amazons and all that. But so far it's been horribly executed.