Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jesus, Azzarello should just left the Amazons turned to Snakes. Diana having to teach women how to behave will occupy space that could have been used in better ways...
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

BANNED

the longer this run drags on, the more and more i'm begining to realize azzarello is kinda losing it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    So....I take it this is not a Wonder Woman/Walking Dead crossover.
    more like WW/sleepy Hollow!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
    Jesus, Azzarello should just left the Amazons turned to Snakes. Diana having to teach women how to behave will occupy space that could have been used in better ways...
    No no no, you miss the point entirely.

The thing is for her to fail to teach them so we can have a new52 Amazons Attack with Lex heroically defending the rest of the world from WW's crazy sisters.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I dont want them to die, but this change to a more open minded society is a bit meh... It's not powerful, nor do the Amazons believe in it, nor do we find out why Diana herself supports it. She's more open minded than them because.... uh...

I was trying to remain open minded about this whole thing, hoping that it would be resolved in a deep and meaningful way. Greyer Amazons and all that. But so far it's been horribly executed.
    I think it's clear Aleka is not going to buy the whole nicer kinder Amazons. But considering the pace of Aaz's issues and the number left, I see this as mostly left for the next team to wrangle out.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

The thing is for her to fail to teach them so we can have a new52 Amazons Attack with Lex heroically defending the rest of the world from WW's crazy sisters.
    sir, you have 5 minutes to listen to the word of our savior Lex Luthor?

Let's see what diana can do to try to soft the amazons

You think Aleeka, got the message...

Hera, and her damn 2 cents, lol
    #MagnetoWasRight

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I know that last issue we had an Amazon (Dessa?...a.k.a Fake!Philippus) say that the Amazons are rarely of one mind on any subject, but the whole penis hating thing seems to be the exception. Hopefully the pages after the preview prove me wrong, I'm getting so sick of the straw feminist portrayal. It's been close to three years since this run started, we should not have to wait that long to see some actual depth from the Amazons. Even if Diana starts to "redeem" their society, it will feel extremely hollow due to none of them having any decent characterizations.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I know that last issue we had an Amazon (Dessa?...a.k.a Fake!Philippus) say that the Amazons are rarely of one mind on any subject, but the whole penis hating thing seems to be the exception. Hopefully the pages after the preview prove me wrong, I'm getting so sick of the straw feminist portrayal. It's been close to three years since this run started, we should not have to wait that long to see some actual depth from the Amazons. Even if Diana starts to "redeem" their society, it will feel extremely hollow due to none of them having any decent characterizations.

Agreed. They all seem to be pretty morally bankrupt when it comes to men.

Does anyone happen to know why Azz/Chiang created Aleka and Dessa when they appear to be quite visually similar to Artemis and Phillipus?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Yeah, that is all well and good but the sex piracy still happened. And now the women that killed all those men after having sex with them begrudgingly agree to take care of a baby. Whoop dee doo, what a change. Meh.
    Well, reform has to start somewhere, right? To me, making them begrudgingly take care of a baby is like making members of one race or ethnicity go to the school with another, or serve in the military with them, or work side by side with them in all kind of settings. Often, the more interaction people have with different kinds of people, the more they get to realize that those seemingly strange, different people are human too. So, first the Amazons begrudgingly take care of a baby, then maybe that becomes less begrudging, then the Amazons fight side by side with Diana's male allies, then they meet the Manazons...and so on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

I don't think a pre-industrial society is going to be able to pull an Amazons Attack on anyone not with the amount of heroes in the world.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

At this point I wonder...can't the unlikely ally be a dead? After all "being at her side is a 'deadly' place to be..."xD, and now the dead are free to walk the Earth... (Ares or Lennox?xD).

Anyway, the most unlikely one would be Strife...but she can't be since she is busy causing trouble xD
    Cassandra...but she has to free herself first.
    The Minotaur? Maybe...and he will appear also in a future cover...
    Hades...not really 'unlikely' if he has survived.
    Poseidon? If in this issue the First Born won't conquer the Sea too.
    Then there's Athena...who has not appeared yet... I think the ally will be someone we have already seen, but in case...
    Orion is not unlikely.
    Demeter or Aphrodite, maybe...since they have been neutral till now.

Ah...this is very unlikely and I don't even know how she could help Diana: what about Persephone?xD If Hades was defeated and she isn't captured by the First Born, she would be free to escape now, wouldn't she? And she is Demeter's daughter...

Buh...We'll see tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Well, reform has to start somewhere, right? To me, making them begrudgingly take care of a baby is like making members of one race or ethnicity go to the school with another, or serve in the military with them, or work side by side with them in all kind of settings. Often, the more interaction people have with different kinds of people, the more they get to realize that those seemingly strange, different people are human too. So, first the Amazons begrudgingly take care of a baby, then maybe that becomes less begrudging, then the Amazons fight side by side with Diana's male allies, then they meet the Manazons...and so on.
    Yep...and a male child I think it's a really good starting point to make them change their ways:

Also, a 'good' sign in the preview. Deessa says she understands her point when Diana says that a change is morally necessary.
    And Aleka didn't say anything! Or maybe she didn't just because she fears Hera, now?
    I don't think all the amazons are happy about the old ways...the mothers of the manazons in the first place.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Agreed. They all seem to be pretty morally bankrupt when it comes to men.

Does anyone happen to know why Azz/Chiang created Aleka and Dessa when they appear to be quite visually similar to Artemis and Phillipus?
    He's said he didn't want to use anything from the past, so that's probably why. Seems kind of pointless for him to create new characters that closely resemble old ones, and kind of a slap in the face to longtime fans. I'm assuming the next writer will bring them back in some shape or form, though.

Aleka, though, is one of the most detestable characters to enter a WW comic in quite some time (right up there with the First Born).

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    He's said he didn't want to use anything from the past, so that's probably why. Seems kind of pointless for him to create new characters that closely resemble old ones, and kind of a slap in the face to longtime fans. I'm assuming the next writer will bring them back in some shape or form, though.

Aleka, though, is one of the most detestable characters to enter a WW comic in quite some time (right up there with the First Born).
    That was her role so far (not that she appeared very much, of course, being a snake and all...).

Anyway...I don't know why, but after all these redeemed characters...I think there's still can be hope with Aleka.
    I don't believe she will remain like this till the end, but I also suspect she won't survive this run...
    Maybe she will do something useful...or better she will die doing something unexpected like saving Diana's life or anyway helping her.

About the First Born...well, I don't think he will change, but maybe Diana could change her view about him... He is the only one she has never shown compassion to, even if after what Zeus has done to him, I don't say he really deserves it after what he has done, but still... I'd say Wonder Woman could still think so...
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    That was her role so far (not that she appeared very much, of course, being a snake and all...).

Anyway...I don't know why, but after all these redeemed characters...I think there's still can be hope with Aleka.
    I don't believe she will remain like this till the end, but I also suspect she won't survive this run...
    Maybe she will do something useful...or better she will die doing something unexpected like saving Diana's life or anyway helping her.

About the First Born...well, I don't think he will change, but maybe Diana could change her view about him... He is the only one she has never shown compassion to, even if after what Zeus has done to him, I don't say he really deserves it after what he has done, but still... I'd say Wonder Woman could still think so...

I can't believe I'm about to defend this run but Diana showed the First Born compassion when she chose not to kill him right after WAres died. She spared his life staying something along the lines of there had been enough death that day.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.